*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1403164-Darr-Shaw-Part-2
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Prose · Animal · #1403164
prelude to the story to come
Darr’ Shaw left the bleeding doe in the clearing next to the Well Spring, but for some reason, at the edge where the forest begins, her mind began to wander to a place locked inside her steel box of a mind. She saw then before her a vision of her cruel past… a past before she was known by her assassin name, “Shadowpaw”. This is a glimpse into her mind.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The tribe was threatened by a male who ventured farther than his turf and who had taken his choice of the tribe for himself with no regards to the territorial reign. When he had his fill on kills and had his way with the tribes attractive females, he left. This was the norm. To others, this tribe was know as “The Tribe of the Weak” and the tribal elders have had enough. They assembled to come up with a solution.

With their decision made, they left the den with a new and sobering realization. They were to steal a cub and teach it to kill. This was the only way to retain the dignity and safety of the pride.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Darr’ Shaw looked behind her at the corpse now drawing the attention of flies and smiled.

“They wanted a monster…”, she sighed as she turned towards the direction of her tribe. Licking the still damp blood from her lips, “And they got one.”
© Copyright 2008 Leos Vires (leos_vires at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1403164-Darr-Shaw-Part-2