*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1405405-When-Darkness-Falls--Prologue
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Romance/Love · #1405405
UNFINISHED. Romance with fantasy elements. Dark battles the Light.
Light had always opposed the dark. Since the dawn of time there had been an infinite struggle day after day as the light fought the darkness until it prevailed and burned off the night. In such a way the Light and Dark battled everyday. Just as the constant struggle of the sunrise and its eventual fall into the world triggered the night, the Light struggled against the Dark- the Light could hold the Dark at bay for only so long, and it to would open the door to the Night. In the earthly way the moon lit the night, reminding the world of light, there would always be Light when the Dark was winning. And the same was true for when the light prevailed- there was always someone there, like an eclipse waiting, ready to take over the world of Light.
The war was real. The struggle becoming more and more each day. The Elders of the Light felt the shifts and knew that an ultimate war would happen. There would be death. There would be loss. All of these things would happen, but unlike every other fight between the Light and Dark since the start of Man, they could not say for certain if the Light would win again. So, they crafted their skills and honed their abilities and sent them into the Faithful Generation. These children, yet to be born would be born with great gifts.
Within the Faithful there would be a healer, she would be able to take the Light energies around her and heal those who needed it. In that vein there would also be one who could fight, he was a warrior. He would be protective of his Brother and Sisters and would lead them courageously into battle while protecting the Light.
There was a prophet and a psychic, they would be like brothers, sharing their powers and leading the Faithful. The Prophet would be able to see into the distant future, would see the outcomes of their actions from this day. He would be unable to control his visions, unable to summon them. His brother, the Psychic, could call on his visions. They would only be the near future, unable to see anything more distant than the next week. Neither the Psychic nor the Prophet would be able to predict their own futures, their lives masked. They would need each other, they had to stay as close as brothers for the Light to win.
Lastly in the Faithful there would be the last of the Light. She would be the one to determine their success or failure of the Faithful Generation. She could take a persons energies, either Light or Dark and shape them into her own energies. She could influence their feelings and emotions, turning a Dark moment into a Light with a surge of her powers. She would be the pinnacle of the Light. She could turn any ones gifts into a greater power, make the Prophet and Psychics visions clearer, the Healer able to work faster and the Warrior more true in aim. The fight was lost without her.

The last of the Light had been born. The Light had held the Dark off for centuries. The elders knew that the Dark was starting to gain strength, they were building forces and even recruiting the Normals to their side. Benjamin Fergason, was the highest Elder of the Light. He’d been born with a gift to read the thoughts of those around him. Benjamin had known at an early age that he would marry Margaret, an Elder had a prophecy that Benjamin and Margaret would marry and have a son. Margaret had the gift to control the winds of the air around them. She didn’t control the weather or make things happen in the atmosphere, just the ability to make the wind move or not move if she so chose. Their son would be the one to lead the Faithful Generation. Their son would be the one to influence the one that would save the world. Two of the other young Elders, contemporaries with Benjamin and Margaret, Sharon and Dennis would be the parents to the Last of the Light
The Lights and the Darks controlled the peace within the world. There would always be minor scrimmages within the world, powerful people making major mistakes. World leaders would always want to show off their power by invading other countries or flaunting their manhood by insulting others. People of the Light helped control these instances. They never ran for the offices of power, preferring to stay low key. Instead, they were advisors, friends and in some instances even the spouses of the influential.
Each of the Light had their own unique power. They could calm people by sending out positive energy, they could heal with their minds, they could see into the future in various ways, they could read minds, they could commune with the spirits around them and many other “unnatural” talents. Those who were of the Light only used their talents for good. They could not use their talents for evil. It was against the very core of who they were and what they could do.
Those who went against them were of the Dark. They had the same innate abilities that the Light did, but only for evil. When the scrimmages came up in the world, when the wars and the destruction happened it was because the Dark gained control of the Normals who were in control. They sought destruction and control of the world.
Those who were neither of the Light, Dark or Gray were the Normals. The people who had no power, the people who thought they were in charge, the people who just commented when things needed to be changed but could never really change anything. The Normals were just your average, everyday citizen, but they were the ones that the Light cherished more than anything. They were the ones that the Light protected and cared for. They were the ones the Dark wanted gone.
© Copyright 2008 DrownsInHisDreams (drwnsinhsdream at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1405405-When-Darkness-Falls--Prologue