*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1406325-The-Shadows-of-Light-Prologue
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Fantasy · #1406325
This is a modern Romeo and Juliet/ fantasy story that I am writing.
                                                    Prologue

         Normally, a common New Yorker wouldn’t find anything special about a small bench in the midst of Central Park.  They would just walk by, taking no notice of it or have any interest.  However, there is something special about a certain bench in the middle of Cloverfield.  It is here that the first light of sunrise gently touches.  It is here that a young man and a young woman took their lives.

         The two, Karger Neish and Leann Fields, were found dead on October 22, 2007.  There was no visible sign of damage inflicted upon their bodies.  The pathologists could not determine their cause of death.  They simply stated that the couple had died peacefully.  The attendees of the funeral gave out that the two were in a forbidden love.

         “A forbidden love.”

                                                  +  +  +

         Since the beginning of time, there have been two dominant forces.  They controlled our thoughts, actions; everything.  Even our world could not escape their grasp.  They were most commonly known as light and dark, or good and evil.

         The foes caused every war known to humanity.  There was nothing in the universe that could stop them, except for the birth of freedom.  The humans gained control back and were given free will.  Up until recent times, their population began to lower.  They no longer reigned over all mankind.

         However, they still controlled a minor amount of humans.  Some have been seen across the world.  Most though, reside in New York City, where our story takes scene.  There, light and dark have fought, causing havoc and chaos wherever they meet.  In the beginning, they fought for the control over mankind.  Now, the forces have but one objective on their minds: avoid extinction and destroy the opposing force.

         Karger and Leann were not aware of this until it was too late.  From the day when they glanced innocently at each other, their fates were sealed.  Their death was set.  The love they had for one another would lead to their undoing.

         Yet, one might ask: Is it worth it?  Would one sacrifice their life for a few days with the person they love?  Would they give up everything for a few moments of true happiness?

         In life; even in death, Karger and Leann would change how true good and evil would be defined.  They would show the faint light in the dark, and the shadows of light.


© Copyright 2008 Leonardo M. Woodrow (bmurray153 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1406325-The-Shadows-of-Light-Prologue