*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1407158-whispers-in-the-dark
by Bailey
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Drama · #1407158
Some people are just impossible to live with.
He's ignoring me again.
This has been going on since he became my roommate almost two years ago. Every day he comes back from work and breezes in as if he owns the world. He gets on the phone and picks out the numbers for his girlfriend and makes plans for dinner or a movie or something else that ordinary couples do.
I've almost forgotten what it is that ordinary couples do, it has been so long since I've been on a date.
But it's not his easy ways or flawless hair or even the fact that he has a girlfriend that bothers me (even though they sometimes make out right in front of me). That's just a symptom. The real problem is that he treats me like I don't even exist. As if I am so inconsequential that he has no real reason to even acknowledge me with common courtesy.
I know he hears me when I talk to him. Sometimes I even whisper to him in the darkness of our room just to keep him awake. It works, too! He tosses and turns and won't get a wink of sleep and once he even yelled at me to shut up and let him sleep. But even then he couldn't quite bring himself to talk to me directly. It was more like yelling at the night sky to give him peace. But he can't ignore me forever.
One day he'll be sick like me.
One day he'll be confined to his bed like me.
One day he'll be dead too.
© Copyright 2008 Bailey (baileyboy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1407158-whispers-in-the-dark