*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1408238-I-Am-Waiting
by Echo
Rated: E · Prose · Emotional · #1408238
A short prose on being enamored with the unattainable and the feelings that tag along.
I could feel his eyes hot on my neck, and my own shallow breathing rang in my ears. I wanted to look at him – into his eyes - with intensity. With one glance I could make my hazel eyes speak to him; with one glance of flint and flame. I wanted to see him catch ablaze with the fire of my heart. Yet as these sentiments flowed through me, I did nothing. I sat stationary, as motionless as a placid lake, the occasional ripple through my makeshift wall of composure being sent from the tremors of his smile. It was true that I wanted him and his love with all myself. Something about him made my vision lucid and vivid. Something about his body made me rediscover what movement really was.

I hardly knew him. Only his name, and steadily I was learning his past. His inscrutability intrigued a part of me all women have; a challenge. Who could be special enough to win the heart of someone who seems to not have one at all? But it was more than that for me… It was perhaps, the glint in his color changing eyes while they shimmered as the lit chlorine of a pool through shadow. It was perhaps, his graceful yet plentiful hands while they swept down the neck of his flat black guitar? However, it was definitely the smile he greeted me with and the wrinkles around his eyes developed from nights of laughter.

         I don’t know if I ever could have him, but I waited. I waited patiently for his trust and for his respect.

I am waiting.

© Copyright 2008 Echo (coldeyesburn at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1408238-I-Am-Waiting