*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1408248-what-would-i-do-without-him
by omg
Rated: E · Short Story · Emotional · #1408248
it is a short story based on George Weasley
He stood a few feet away form the dead body gazing at it with out any expressions. He looked at the same eyes, same long red hair, their same doings…..they were indeed twins, George Weasley had to believe in what he was looking at. His brother, Fred Weasley, lying on the floor, dead. He had to admit it, but the only problem was….he just couldn’t! he just couldn’t believe what he was looking at! Of course! How could he believe his eyes that THE BOY ON THE FLOOR WAS HIS TWIN BROTHER!

George stood their with his hands dropped down. He had no tears in his eyes but only gazed at his brother while his family came hurriedly to look what had happened to Fred. They did not know yet but George did….HE SAW IT HAPPENING. Belladrix… she killed him. KILLED HIS BROTHER! AND NOW HE WOULD NOT BE ABLE TO SEE HIM…FOREVER!!!!!!!
After a moment or so they all realized Fred was gone- forever and ever. But no one came to see what condition George was in. If only he could cry then he would come to his senses. Although it was a sudden shock but giving no response at a sudden shock is even more painful for a person who is going through it.
Hermione came over to take Ron but when she saw that something was surrounded by the Weasley Family, she moved ahead to take the view…. As she saw Fred’s body, she took a step back and started sobbing when she realized George standing near her and went over to him “George….George are you alright….? I know it is very difficult to admit but what can WE do. Lupin, Tonks, Dumbledore are all gone and now Fr….too” she couldn’t finish his name. “Just admit it George, just do it. This is far more painful what you are doing it to yourself. Please George speak to me!”
But George did not speak. He stood their, his memory moving swiftly to the past when Fred was alive. They did so much together: teasing everyone with their invention of sweets that could do sudden bodily changes, working in the lab experimenting while blasting precious things, Scaring mom and giving less attention towards studies that concerned their mom. Now all was gone….He just couldn’t take it. ALL WAS GONE!!!! FRED WAS GONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hermione went to Mrs. Weasley, still sobbing “Mrs. Weasley can you come up and look at George? He is giving himself a silent pain. It is dangerous for him please do something because at this time magic won’t work.”
Mrs. Weasley got up looking at George and walked fast towards him to hug him. George got a soothing effect when his mother hugged him and tears sprank up his eyes. But still, he did not speak. Mrs. Weasley wiped his eyes speaking “My dear, it is way hard to imagine what has happened so far. But we have to get on with life. Don’t we? It is what God has planned has planned for us.”  It was then George spoke for the first time after his brother’s death “Mom am-i-going-to-live-mywhole-life-without-Fred?” he could hardly speak.  “No dear” Mrs. Weasley said moving her hand on George’s head “No you won’t. You’ve got your other brothers and a sister too. They will always be with you. Why are you worrying? We will all be there for you when you’ll need us.” She took George in her arms and wrapped around herself.
“Mom, now you won’t get troubled by us and you won’t be having any difficulty in finding out who Fred or me is. We all soon be forgetting him but I don’t want that. How am I going to live my whole life without him? He was MY life. Now I’ll never be able to do anything nor I would want to do anythin…..” Mrs. Weasley interrupted him “My dear life is got to go on! This IS what life is. We all have to die. Me, your father, your brothers, Ginny and even you! We can’t stop this from happening and as far as forgetting Fred comes….” She said holding George’s hands “We will never forget him. Why? Because he is in YOU! He lives in you, we can see him through you cause you are his twin. We will always remember him in our hearts. Keep on doing things like you used to do. Never stop what gives you your identity. You’ve got Lee, he will help you for sure.”

Simultaneously Lee Jordon came up the stairs followed by Harry. Lee just had a look at Fred’s body and turned to George while Harry went towards the body at the side where Ron was sitting. Lee leaned over his knees where George was sitting “it’s okay buddy. I am with you. Don’t need to worry.” He said taking George’s hand and putting his Head over it. Harry came over, holding Ron’s hand with Hermione, towards Mrs. Weasley who was patting George.
He looked at the floor before speaking and murmured “I just came over looking at Lupin and Tonks. It’s such a terrible loss. And now here…Fred. I can only stroll over these bodies. What else can I do? If only I was not the one to be there friends…. Maybe this day would have not……”
“No Harry it’s not your fault!!” Mrs. Weasley said so loudly that Mr.Weasley looked up from the body. “It’s nobody’s fault at all! Fred sacrificed his life for the good and I am proud of him!”
Hermione put her hand on Harry’s shoulder “Mrs. Weasley is right Harry. We are fond of Fred for what he did and we are proud of being your friends.” Mr. Weasley came over dragging his feet “Feeling better George?” George nodded. “So get up and congratulate Harry! He won against V vv alright I can’t say his name He Who Must Not Be Named!” Mr. Weasley said happily to enlighten every one’s mood.
Everyone looked up at Harry. They had almost forgotten about the fight! Ron and George jumped over Harry and said “you are indeed our best buddy man!” Hermione gave him a huge hug and so did the other Weasleys. Then Mr. Weasley said “But we all are deeply touched for loosing our dear ones. We have to go to Dumbledore’s funeral and then you all Lee, Harry and Hermione have to stay with us” then he whispered to those three “incase to build George’s strength and then you can attend the funeral of F…. um. Oh My God! Can’t believe that these circumstances could have come” He took a deep breath. Harry took hold of Mr. Weasley. “It’s alright. It’s alright so you’re coming?” Mr. Weasley asked. They all nodded and headed towards the stairs.
Slowly as they were moving down the stairs, Harry’s mind filled with different thoughts. He started thinking that all his relatives, his dear ones were gone. Even Dumbledore. He would never come to Hogwarts again. His thoughts couldn’t move ahead of the idea that THERE WAS NO RELATIVES OF HIS LEFT! HE WAS ALONE NOW, ENTIRELY ALONE!!HE HAD NO ONE OF HIS OWN WITH WHOM HE COULD SHARE HIS THOUGHTS, EVEN DUMBLEDORE! And since everything was finished, there was no point of coming to Hogwarts anymore. He just felt guilty for Fred Lupin, Tonks, Dumbledore and even Sirius.
Mrs. Weasley was just behind him. He could hear her sniffing. Harry said to Mrs. Weasley “Mrs. Weasley I am really sorry for everything” “oh no dear not at all it’s ok. I know it’s bothering you. Don’t feel guilty of anything. Life is like this. This is what I was telling George just now!” Then Mrs. Weasley said “you’ll be staying with us from now on forever!” Harry said “But…”
“No buts dear. You are our property. You did so much for us. It’s our duty to bring you up with Ron O.K.?” Harry nodded. He just couldn’t think of what he had done so much for the Weasleys except for saving Ginny’s life in year two. But all in all he thought it was very nice of the Weasleys to let him stay with them forever.
                                          ……………………………… 


© Copyright 2008 omg (mahinadnan1234 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1408248-what-would-i-do-without-him