*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1408302-Thr-Runway-Crisp-Packet
Rated: E · Short Story · Children's · #1408302
Story about crisp packet who runs away
There was once a family of crisps. They all lived together in one big packet somewhere on the shelf of a shop. Everything was going fine until one day they were seized roughly off the shelf and thrown into a basket!
Salty (the youngest) was almost crying in fright! Before anyone had time to do anything, they were placed in ANOTHER bag!! Then they started moving. Up and down, up and down, just as they got into the rythym of things, they were bashed off something.
After what seemed like an eternity, they were shook out onto a table. Their home was then ripped open at the top and they were all shoved into a big box.
Salty was shaking in terror as his daddy was lifted up and eaten right before his very eyes by a little girl.
Salty tried to scream but his sister was lying on top of his mouth. Just then a little boy came and lifted out his sister. She was eaten as well.
This time Salty closed his eyes.
After about 5 minutes, the rest of them who were in the box got put into a dark cupboard. They stayed like this for many days while Salty watched his family getting eaten one by one.
One day, when it was only Salty and his mum left, he decided he'd had enough. With all his strength, he leapt out the box and pushed the cupboard door open. He fell onto the floor and tore his side.
He got up and began to run towards the door. Something that looked like a peg was in front of him. Salty, not noticing this, tripped and went flying through the air. As he landed, all the wind got knocked out of him.
Before he could even get up, a big black dog came and shook Salty about in his mouth. Salty was dead within a second.
Just then, the mum came through the door,
"Scruffy! Look at the mess you've made on the floor!!"

                                              THE END
© Copyright 2008 Kayla...x (xx--kayla--xx at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1408302-Thr-Runway-Crisp-Packet