*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1408913-Tom-Glavine
Rated: 13+ · Column · Other · #1408913
I hate Tom Glavine. Here are the reasons.
Tom Glavine


So I've heard about the inevitable reunion between Tom Glavine and the Atlanta Braves for weeks now. I've also heard about Glavine returning to the Mets, but I'm sure most Mets fans would rather eat their own leg off than to have that happen. But is there another team that the Glavine camp is thinking about? Glavine, who plans on 2008 being his final season, was born and raised in suburban Boston where his parents still live. The Red Sox, while loaded with young pitching, might be looking for a veteran starter to replace Curt Schilling who is expected to depart via free agency.(the only thing saving my sanity here is the fact that the Sox don't normally sign contracts to players over 35) The Red Sox would also give Glavine his best chance of winning another World Series ring unless, of course, they take all their money and spend it on A-Rod.
The Red Sox don't really need A-Rods help after their amazing season and World Series sweep; but how happy would I as a Yankee hater be, to have him say no to the money and head down south? Really happy, thats what. But back to the topic:
The one thing that WON'T make me happy would be for this Glavine bull shit to be true. I am completely 100% against him coming back to ATL. Tom Glavine is the biggest fuck tard to grace baseball today. If the Braves sign him for the 2008 season.... I will be torn on deciding on whether to cheer for them or not. This is sad considering I am a born and raised Braves fan. Me liking the Sox hasn't gone on for quite as long, but why would I want him to corrupt the purity that is the Boston Red Sox?
And what kind of an asshole plays for the most amazing team, the Braves, (with whom he had 242 wins) and just leaves them for more money. He also did this during the off season in a sneaky fashion that left many Atlanta fans pissed. I know, I know, money talks; but Jesus Christ people! He is PLAYING BASEBALL for crying out loud. Not curing cancer. He is out there playing a game that is taught to most American's when they are 6 years old in the backyard with their dads; ie America's Favorite Past time, not Who Wants To Be A Millionaire! Not only does he leave ATL for more money, but he leaves for more money with the METS! Are you kidding me? The Mets are the Braves biggest rivals. Way to burn some bridges Tom.
I can only hope, that if and when the fucktard comes back; the true Braves fans' out there, boo his ass right off of the mound and send him back to Shea stadium where he belongs so that next year when the Braves are ready to actually play some baseball, unlike this pathetic attempt of a season, we can kick their ass worse than they did ours in the 07 home opener.
© Copyright 2008 VL Briggs (valerieb at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1408913-Tom-Glavine