*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1410655-Love-them-and-kill-them
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Psychology · #1410655
A story I made for the spin off contest,a psychological short murder
  The game was short, sharp, concise, and to the point. An adventure game I had been addicted to for the last week, playing scenario after scenario. Based in a small town in Arkansas, highly original for a Japanese game the game was called “Love city.” It had a riveting murder twist entwined into its novel format and had kept me engrossed for days.
    “Are you still playing ‘that?’” my other half spat at me. She really was cute in her venomous rages, but alas, she was pissing me off,
  “I’m not done yet! Haven’t you got housework to be doing?”
“It’s 11pm GODDAMNIT! Are you JUST going to stare at those ‘girls’ all night? They aren’t even real. I’M REAL!” She grabbed my shoulders to make me look at her, just as Miho graced the scene.
  “Is she at it again?” the text read, it had been so long since I had interacted with other humans that I assumed she was referring to the moment beyond the TV set.
“YOU’RE UPSETTING MIHO,” I raged, she slapped me hard across the face.
“You’re a bastard. You always get like this over a game. How long have I lived with you, put up with this, do you even love me anymore?” tears streamed her face almost beautiful in the glare from the television.
I subconsciously pressed the O button on the pad, Miho continued, “You have to choose between me and her, you know I can give you everything you’ve ever wanted, not like that stupid Toshiko,” a reference to another in-game girl vying for my affections. In fact my live in other half was getting in the way, all these girls that are after me and in reality I’ve got her. Getting overweight all of a sudden, and always eating the fridge out when she thinks I don’t notice, I could do without her.”
  The other half in question had already stormed from the room, it sounded like she was upstairs, crying perhaps…no much louder than that, thumping and thrashing, or maybe just lots of heavy objects being thrown around, she must be packing. Good riddance to the fat bitch. I had my girls to play with, to talk to, they liked me, much more than she did.
O button again, the text changed, Miho was talking to me and Toshiko appeared, my too beauties on the same screen. I smiled at them giddily, had I drunk anything today? I wasn’t sure. It was like they knew what was going on…
  “WHAT THE HELL IS SHE DOING? Has she come onto you again?” Toshiko was shouting her face off, she was really pissed. Miho was crying.
“I just wanted him to hug me a little,” she acted meek and shy, but I couldn’t help but feel Toshiko was referring to the reality of my life; they could be so perceptive when they wanted to be.
The banging upstairs was louder; she was really on a rampage, I put the game on pause, but don’t worry, I’ll be back my lovelies. Their faces frozen in sadness and contempt respectively.
    “Could you keep it down up here?” I bellowed.
She was packing the suitcase, the banging was the draws and wardrobe doors clacking off whatever they came into contact with. Her face was red, her eyes were streaming. I guess she was sad, but did I care, I’m not so sure. I just wanted to get back to the game.
“I’m leaving,” I stared at her, did I want her to leave, if she left me I could play in peace.
  “Fine, leave, I’ve still got my games, even if I never see you again.” I stared coldly at her.
“See that’s where you’re incorrect,” she beheld and evil smirk beneath her tears, like she thought she had the last laugh, “I broke them all, didn’t you wonder what the smashing sounds were, that was your precious games being trod on and scratched with scissors to make sure you can never play them again without buying them all over.”
  “You bitch!” I ran to the cupboard where I kept my precious collection, all the prequels to Love city ruined, especially “Love city Las Vegas” What about my strippers… I’d never play with them again EVER!?
  I couldn’t handle it, the girls were telling me to fight for revenge, she was walking away down the stairs, my chances were vanishing, with every step she was taking my soul and the knowledge that once she was out the front door she’d get off Scott free for her crimes. All those murders she committed. I started to cry, I’ll save you my dears, I’ll get the revenge you deserve and help you find your place in paradise.
  I looked around for the nearest object. I contemplated one of the consoles I had but couldn’t bring myself to break it just for revenge. In the end I picked up a heavy duty old style XBOX pad. The clunky style with the non responsive buttons and in ability to work with small hands. It was perfect; it even had a cable still attached to it.
I marched to the top of the stairs, she was at the bottom. She hadn’t left yet. I rushed down the stairs and was roughly four feet away when I flung the XBOX controller like a shot put. She never knew it was coming, what possible uses a man with an XBOX controller could have. Caught off guard she fell over slightly. I pulled the wire into my hands and wrapped it around her neck. Damn it, her fingers were in the way. She was pulling against the wire, I couldn’t have that. I could hear the games music, still calling me back to play it. I just couldn’t let the girls down now.
  Pulling with all my might I wrapped the cable round her neck until it was so tight she had no choice but to shift her puny hand.
  “You’re…insane…let…me…g…go,” She hissed out between struggled breaths. Her eyes rolled back into her head. I was hoping she couldn’t take much more. I could see Miho and Toshiko, my only 2 girls left of the dozens, waiting to cheer me back ,and love me for being their saviour because this bitch was dead.
  One tug, two tug, her legs struggled, her arms flailed, she breather…her last.
I let go, and wiped the sweat off my hands. I left her on the floor. Looking down at her I laughed at the fat bitch, she was nothing like my beautiful girls, thin, tall and slender. Who cares if she was a little pregnant, not like there weren’t more bitches in the world to have kids.
  I went back to Love city, I’m sure the cops will stop by later.

Word count: 1135
© Copyright 2008 Devilmaycare34 (devilmaycare34 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1410655-Love-them-and-kill-them