*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1410813-FastFic-Entry--Promises-Lightly-Made
by Bailey
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest · #1410813
A superhero changes the world
It's amazing how one simple little change in someone can cause such a change in others! Let me just start off by saying that until recently I was quite normal. My life, and the people around me were quite normal. All of that changed about six months ago.
That's when I started to fly.
I know that sounds unbelievable. I'm not supposed to be able to fly. I guess that's why it affects so many people when they see me doing it. I mean, people I've never met look up, see me soaring through the air, doing loops and rolls and generally just having a blast, and then Bang! Off they go yelling and pointing, and standing there gaping at me. Sure, it's to be expected. But that's not the strange thing about all of this.
People started to change.
I noticed it after my first few flights. Just little things. I saw the neighbour's kid out mowing the lawn that his mother has yelled at him about for as long as I can remember. I saw the farmer two fields over stop drinking and even overheard his wife saying that he has started cooking for her!
It's completely bizarre! There is a home mechanic down the road that has been pestered by his little brother to fix his hot rod, and just last week I saw him finally working on the darned thing!
It's unfathomable.
I figured it out only yesterday. That's when I heard someone use the oddest expression I have ever heard. It makes complete sense to me now, but I had to think about it.
It's funny how people will change their entire personalities because of a stupid expression that you hear all the time.
You see, not only can I fly.
I'm a pig.
© Copyright 2008 Bailey (baileyboy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1410813-FastFic-Entry--Promises-Lightly-Made