*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1411540-Some-story-ch-2
Rated: E · Chapter · Fantasy · #1411540
really short continuation. =]
  Although only three people would know it was a little more then a year after Duchess Latreem named her orphan ward her successor, in her will, that she died. It happened in her sleep and it was just assumed that her illness and age had finally taken its course. No questions were asked. They would say that it was amazing she had even lived as long as she had since she had been almost fatally sick since she was a child.
  On the day of her death the house was filled with a still silence as people hid their true emotions, ranging from delight at new opportunities, fear for the future, real sadness, and simply annoyance that they had to wear black and not that pretty green outfit they had had picked out.
  It took almost no time to get her will, and requests that they wait for the rest of the family and potential benefactors was easily over powered.
  And so the pretend sadness was put on hold as everyone was called into the main hall to read it. And near the end when the part about the successor was read false tears turned to true rage, relief and simply confusion. The cause of it, it might be added, being on of the only ones who had not rushed off greedily to find out what was left to him, was the only one still by her bed, were he had been (alone for the most of the time, pretend sorrow didn't extend past a few minutes of saying she looked peaceful) weeping since he was allowed in.
  Beside him was the former duchess's main adviser, and his good friend, who tryed fruitlessly to comfort him and give a little console before they were found out and the confused mob from the hall found him. (as of now Hansel had no idea of what was written in the will)
  "She, she was like a mother to me." He managed to cry between sobs. Elka frowned at this and then in another attempt to comfort him knelt down by the bed and ran his hand through his hair.
  "I know. Just let it out." He silently wondered how far they had gotten in the will yet. He sighed looking down on the heart broken boy before him. Maybe this had been a bad idea, he had never thought he would get so attached to the women. The most important thing now though was to get him away before they finished the will. He did not need half crazed asses bombarding him with questions right now.
  "Come on Hansel lets go to your room and ill have tea brought okay?" The boy just shook his head.
  "No. I, I, I wanna stay here. I wanna be with her." Elka sighed.
  "Very well, for a little longer. But you've been in here for hours I really think some food and tea will help" He smiled at him.
  "O-Okay." Hansel stammered between sobs but made no movement to get up. Elka sighed, really when had he gotten such a soft spot for the boy? He finally resigned himself and settled down against the bed next to the boy. He looked worriedly at the door. They should go soon.
© Copyright 2008 Humpty Dumpty (mocturtle at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1411540-Some-story-ch-2