*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1414870-The-Rise-of-a-Revolution
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Fantasy · #1414870
Completely redone.
It had been over 200 years since the Mytecs lost their freedom to the Bangors. All of the adults of the Mytecs were divided up. The fertile ones went to mating cells, and all the others became slaves. The women were used for continuous breeding until they were thirty, and then cast aside as slaves; whereas the men were used only a few times to ensure inbreeding was kept to a minimum. Each newly born Mytec were branded as lesser beings within minutes of their birth. They were then separated by gender, never to see the opposite sex until the age of sixteen. The mothers never saw their children or knew the gender of the babies. Records of all of this were kept at the various slave hospitals.



While the men and women were in breeding cells, they worked the fields. The waiting cells were by far the smallest and worse smelling. They all would go from cell to cell their whole lives before they eventually died from an illness, sold as slaves, or even pets. Sometimes wealthy Bangor men, who would want to buy a woman, would pick them from younger stock until she came of age and then become his whore. The Bangor women didn't mind their husbands sleeping with the Mytecs because they knew those women could never take their place.

Cedine, a young Mytec, just turned 16 and followed the guards down a long corridor filled with cells. Nothing blocked the view of others bathing or using the restroom, all was in plain view. Nothing was very clean either. Toilets were filled with urine and feces and still wouldn't get cleaned. Some got desperate enough to clean theirs with their bare hands.



"Cedine16 this will be your new home." The guard laughed as he threw her tiny body in the cell.



She looked around at all the dirty, sad faces. Tears welled up in her eyes. She felt sick and more alone then she ever had. A butch-looking woman with short brown hair and blue eyes came up to her.



"Hi honey. Nera20 I know how you feel it's ok to cry. We all do the first night."



All Mytecs must state their names and ages when referring to their selves. Nera wrapped her arms around Cedine, as she broke down crying. Nera remembered when she first went there, and how she wished she had a friend to lean on. She was going to help Cedine and make this hell as decent as possible.

"Ain't so bad once you get use to it. When they figure you good for breeding and you're sent to the breedin' cell, it's actually pretty nice. Better food that's fo' sure."



Nera knew that what she was saying made no difference. The talking was better than anything else.



"What are they going to do to me?" Cedine asked, her green eyes showed all her fear.



"Well once they choose a mate. They'll lock you in a cell with them and you'll stay there 'til you get pregnant. I hear there's 'pose to be some kind of root that keeps you from gettin' preggars but I dun know."



Nera was a big girl Cedine almost felt safe in her arms.



"Are those....are those men?" she asked as she pointed one out.



"Yeah they are bunch of dummies I tell you. Personally I'm more attracted to women." She lowered her voice as she said this because they figured that her type were of no good to them.

"Nera I'm scared."



Cedine looked like a child the way her black hair hung in her face.



"I know honey we all were at first, but you get use to it."



"I think I want to sleep."



Cedine walked over to her bed and started to cry. Nera thought it best to leave her be for now. She still needed time for it sink in.



In the cell next to them was an attractive man. His hair was black as night and his eyes as blue as the ocean. His bed was adjacent to Cedine's.



"I cried my first night too." He whispered to her.



Cedine jumped, startled by his deep sexy voice. When she looked into his eyes she sat there speechless.



"Talon17. It's nice to meet you. If you need to talk I'm a whisper away."



Talon smiled at her and laid down for, "lights out". That was the beginning of a relationship that they never knew was possible. They spent the nights holding hands, stopping before, "lights on", so they wouldn't be caught.



"You gonna get yerself in trouble with that." Nera warned her.

She would listen to him breathing for about an hour before she would finally fall asleep herself. She awoke every morning hoping that her first mate would be him. He looked so strong and gallant. She couldn't avert her eyes while he was in the shower. He caught her looks and waved to her. She blushed as red as a cherry. They knew at the moment they were in, well, that word wasn't known or allowed, but they knew it anyway.



Then the day came, "Cedine 16. Talon 17. Follow me to the breeding cells."



A strange sensation of fear and excitement arose in her. Looking at Talon made feelings in her stir. She didn't want to get pregnant right off or their alone time would be cut short. So one day while she was out working the field she found the root that Nera had told her about.

She looked around to make sure no one had seen her and shoved it in her mouth. They weren't allowed to speak to anyone any way. It tasted awful pressed against her tongue. It would need to be broken down before she would be able to eat it anyway. She thought she was going to be sick. After working in the field the guards returned the slaves to their cells. She went to the showering area away from Talon and broke the root and ate it.



"What are you doing?" Talon asked with concern.



She blushed. She didn't want him knowing what it was, so they would be together longer.



"What am I suppose to do Talon? How does this work?"



He rubbed the back of his neck and looked down.



"I've only been in here one time before. I don't know how to tell you but umm..... wow this is harder to explain then I thought. You see we'll both get naked and...."



Her eyes got big. "Gosh she's beautiful", he thought. He was actually looking forward to this.

"Naked? Why on earth would we be naked?"



Cedine braced herself as if she already were.



He blushed, and said, "Well see we'll get naked and get into bed together. Then..."



He just couldn't find the words this was so uncomfortable. He turned around for a minute he couldn't do this looking at her. He shook his head and gained his composure. When he turned around she stood there naked. His jaw dropped. She was a perfect figure standing there.



"Are you sure?"



Talon asked stepping in to her, wrapping his masculine arms around her tiny frame. She quivered and nodded.



"Will this hurt?" She asked.



He scooped her up and carried her to the cot.



"I'll be as gentle and careful as you need."

Their eyes met followed by their lips. Passion and desire filled them both. He entered as easily as he promised. She was surprised after the initial pain how she craved him. Their ecstasy bloomed and by the time they finished they were breathless in each other's arms. They knew the meaning of the forbidden love and didn't want it to end.



Over and over in the night they were intertwined in each other's embrace. They were together so often, that she forgot about the root.



"I haven't bled in awhile." She told him.



He looked confused.



"Well as girls we bleed down there, and I haven't. Why?"



She saw the sadness in his face.



"You're pregnant. That means we can't do this anymore."



She took him in her arms and cried.

She was taken away to the waiting cells. They were filled with lots of other women in her condition. Some further along, some around the same. It was crowded, and she missed Talon and Nera. She wanted them both here with her. She felt her belly jump and looked in awe. This was her child. The one she created with Talon. They were going to take it from her. They were going to put her child through what she had been through.



She cried, "No! This can't happen. How do I stop this?"

For nine months she plotted. She knew what she was going to do. It was playing in her mind when excruciating pain ran through her. She was in labor. She knew right then that if it meant she would die she would die fighting to save her child from the life all the Mytecs knew. The rest was a blur. She heard a cry and all was black. When she came to, she was back in the breeding cells with Nera by her side.



"Where's Talon?"



Nera looked down.



"Honey, he was sold. That was his second use, so they sold him you'll never see him again."

Cedine ran her plan by Nera.



"You crazy child. It ain't gonna work. We'll be killed. Is that what you want? They'll find out, and kill us."



"A few nights to pull everything together we'll be fine. We're fighting for our children, Nera, I need you. Your my best friend. Please?"



"Honey, I'd do anything for you."



"Now look, with your figure, you should be able to get the keys from the guard. They think we stupid and won't know. You might have to do things you never thought possible."



They ran over every detail.



When time came for the guards to be doing their rounds, Cedine stripped down. They filthy men stopped.

"Look at you strong men. You know I've been feeling urges that only you could satisfy."



They looked at each other.



"We'll get in trouble Loy." One of the guards said.



"Look at her Merv." The other replied.



They nodded and yanked her out the cell, and pressed her naked body against the bars. During the distraction, Nera took the keys and threw them in the toilet; which at the time wasn't clean. They didn't think Mytecs needed clean rooms that often. You couldn't see the keys in the filth.



The two brutes had their way with Cedine. They were rough and she was covered in bruises when they finished. She remained limp for a while.

That night Nera and Cedine got out. Fear tore at their hearts. They went to the birthing area and found the files with their names on it.



"My daughter's name is Kylie." Cedine muttered.



She found out Talon had a son a year before, but he died from malnutrition. She shoved the file away with tears in her eyes.



"I've got four; three boys and one girl. We'll split up. You get the girls, and I'll retrieve the boys."



They saw a light.



"Who's there?" They heard a guard yell.



They grabbed the files and quickly returned to their cell.

"Where do I go to find out where Talon is?" Cedine asked.



"I think to the Slave Mart. That one's going to be tough. We'll need to cover your mark, because that one's covered with people all hours of the nights. We've got some rags we can use to wrap around your neck. Put some clay on it too, just in case. You'll have to do this one alone, but while you're, out I'll make routes to the raising cells and find the children. So when we make our break we can do it fast and hard."



Cedine blushed as she thought of Talon.

Cedine left that night looking almost like the Bangors. Her hair was shorter of course, and that seemed to present a problem. She walked straight in and found the files without a hitch.



"Who are you?" a gruff voice came from behind.



"Cedine..."



She had to stop herself from saying her number or she'd really be in it.



"Are you the girl they sent for me?" he asked.



She knew what would happen if she said yes, but she saw this as her only way out. She nodded, fear in her eyes.



"Good. Well, where is it?"



Shocked by the question not being at all sex related she didn't respond.



"The food where is it?"



"Oh I left it in the wagon I apologize let me go get it."



She walked so fast, she almost ran out of there. She was never so happy to be back in her cell.

Cedine and Nera mapped out the routes. They knew it was going to be hard. They would have to steal a wagon. Thankfully, the wagon guards were usually drunk and passed out by 2:00am. They would collect their children and find Talon. The night before their escape she would find Talon, and let him know. She just hoped he would come with her.



The big night was drawing near. She couldn't sleep she just wondered where they would go once they were together. She knew the children probably wouldn't be killed if they were caught. That gave her enough peace of mind to sleep.

She had been walking for what seemed like hours before she came to a small hut. No others around, that much was good. It was pouring rain and she stumbled a few times she looked worse than a Mytec. An old lady saw her.



"Child, come in here out of the rain. You'll catch a death of a cold."



Cedine feared for her and Talon's lives but couldn't flee or suspicions would rise. She entered the warm hut. It looked so beautiful. Cedine never laid her eyes on a home before.



"Come I've drawn a bath and I won't take no for an answer."



Blood rushed to Cedine's head she couldn't bathe, the mark would be seen.



"Dear I already saw it. You need not worry about me runnin' my mouth."

The old lady cleaned her up and fed her before taking her to see Talon.



"Here this is make up, it'll cover the brand. Be sure to wear it home, or you could be in for it."



"Talon was right, you're beautiful." The old lady continued.



The old lady dressed her and cleaned her up nice.



"So do you think he'll be happy to see me?" Cedine asked blushing.



"Happy? He'll be thrilled. Look you're going to need a way to leave the mainland. We have a house boat we use for fishing. It smells a little but honestly it's safer then being here. There's a still in there, so you'll be able to clean your own water. Take my cat with you, feed it whatever fish you plan to eat. If the cat gets sick then you'll want to steer clear of it because it'll be poisonous to you."



"Why are you helping me?" Cedine asked incredulously.



"Because it's torn my heart to see what my people have done to yours, and I think that when it gets out what you have done...Well, it'll be a hard era, but with grand rewards."



The old lady brushed Cedine's hair back.



"Go speak to Talon. We'll be packing all night."

The day had come. Nightfall seemed to approach slowly. The work in the fields seemed longer that day. Anticipation grew. Would the day end? Would they succeed? Doubt grew in her heart.



"No I won't let this get me down." She whispered to herself. When the night finally came, it was the most beautiful sight in centuries. They had their plans and crept out of their cells.



"What's that?" a guard yelled.



"You just trying to get me to look away so you can take a peek at my cards." The other one said.



Cedine headed to the girls' wing, and Nera to the boys. Seeing their children sleeping in their beds swelled their hearts.



"What are you doing here?" she heard a woman say.



She froze herself in position not moving praying that the woman wasn't talking to her.



"I just wanted some water." a little voice said.



"You think you can get up and get whatever you want? Your place is and always will be in a lowly position."



The girl cried and went back to bed.



Cedine grabbed Kylie, and noticed the 3 year old girl was Nera's.



"Come with me sweetie and be quiet. We'll get you out of here."



Kylie slept the whole way to the checkpoint. Almost there, Nera arrived with the boys. One was four, a one year old, and another baby. They gathered the children together and were on their way.

By the time they reached Talon's owner's house, the babies were crying. They didn't know what to do. The old lady had food and other supplies to last them a few months. Diapers, bottles, clothes, and anything else they needed.



"I'm gonna drive the wagon so if we get pulled there won't be any suspicions. You need to take one of the bottles and feed that child. I'll alert the guards in the morning my boat was stolen you'll be long gone by then."



"Others will hear your story and rise up against the Bangors with full force. It'll be bloody, but victory shall overcome."



They made their way to the docks as the sun was rising. It was the last time they'd ever touch the ground of their homeland again. They stepped on the boat, their home for the next few months. Talon and Cedine kissed.



"I love you." He told her as he took their daughter in his arms.



With tears in her eyes she kissed him. Their homeland grew smaller and they watched until it disappeared.


© Copyright 2008 wolfepack on the prowl (wolfepack at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1414870-The-Rise-of-a-Revolution