*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1416207-Shattered-Identity
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Other · #1416207
A girl forgets who she is and that causes trouble
323 words

A girl no older than fourteen stared into the window of a shop; her reflection stared back at her. The eyes were a brown the color of rich chocolate and her hair was a light red color. She was neither tall nor short and she looked to be like any other typical teenage girl. But there was confusion in her mind as she stared at her reflection. She did not recognize the girl staring back at her.

Only two hours earlier she had woken up in a bed she did not recognize and in a city she did not know the name of. She stared into the reflection trying desperately to remember her name, her birthday, or some fact about her life before two hours ago. But her mind was like a chalk board that had been wiped clean of all thoughts and ideas.

In a fit of anger she punched her reflection momentarily forgetting that it was glass. It shattered shredding her hand; she dropped to the ground in agony as two police officers rushed towards her. Picking her up, they put her in the car and took her to the nearest ER.

After the doctor had seen to her, the police started the process of her arrest for vandalism. Taking finger prints and asking questions. Questions she didn't know the answers to. Not fifteen minutes after the prints were taken a couple showed up at the station, they identified her as their daughter and told her that every thing would be alright.

She looked up into the faces of these people and thought no it won't because im leaving this place with people I don't know. But she didn't say that because she didn't want to hurt or offend them instead she got up and let them pile her into their car. She started to cry as they drove off into the unknown world that was and is her life.
© Copyright 2008 Kalina Shattered (emerald27 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1416207-Shattered-Identity