*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1418912-Megan-and-Tony-Chapter-1-monica
Rated: ASR · Novel · Romance/Love · #1418912
This is a true complicated teen love story. this is the 1st chapter of it.
Chapter 1
Monica
One fine summers day, twelve year old Megan Lionski was planting flowers near her small house in Deedtown, Nova Scotia. She was new to the small complex and was very bored. She was questioning why she was outdoors when it was summer of 2007, she could've played on the computer or listened to her ipod. Yet she felt, somehow, this was more important.
Suddenly a girl walked up to her and said, "Hi, I am Monica Laury. Do you know a girl named Megan Lionski?"
"Yeah, I'm her." Megan replied.
"Oh Hi!" Monica Said, "I know your grandfather, Kory Lionski. He told me that I should come down and see you sometime, so.. Here I am!"
Megan looked mad and then she smiled politely at Monica, "Oh, Really?" she paused for a moment and then said, "Yeah I have never been to Deedtown and I don't really know anyone, so it's a relief that someone wants to be my friend."
"Do you want a tour of the town?" Monica smiled.
"Uh..." Megan looked at her feet, and then said, "well, I... guess so."
"Great! I have a few snack bars in my pouch, so just ask me for one if your hungry." Monica said.
"oh.. Okay." Megan was a bit nervous, but she was also exited to see the town."
Later, Megan came home not as mad as she was when she left. She Opened the front door, walked inside and sat down at the table in the sparkling white kitchen. Her mom was doing the dishes, since they didn't have a dish washer.
"Mom, stop slaving over dishes, it's 2007 and you have never owned a dishwasher!" Megan said to her mother.
Her mother rolled her eyes and said, "I am classy, I like old ways."
Megan shook her head and laughed, "whatever."
Her mom asked, "So, Maggie, I heard Monica Laury came by... where did you guys go to?"
Megan mumbled, "yeah... I wasn't sure if I was going to go or not, but then I realized how nice she was and I thought.. Why not?.. We went to the Deedtown museum, town hall, high school, and river, It was really cool. Too bad they don't have a mall. I am really going to miss that."
"That's alright Halifax is only 1½ hours away." Her mom told her. "Guess what?"
"What?" she said suspiciously.
"You are going to the Church, for the Youth Achievement Assembly tomorrow!" Her mom said excitedly.
"uh... okay..." She smiled, "But you owe me."
© Copyright 2008 Morgan Lyons (motrurite at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1418912-Megan-and-Tony-Chapter-1-monica