*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1419279-The-unleashing
Rated: E · Novel · Fantasy · #1419279
New fantasy story
                              CHAPTER ONE:
                                        The temple


    The skulls bleached from years of exposure  to the twin suns, dangled off the towns tents and shacks. They made an eerie sound as wind from a near by midnight  storm rolled through the town. It was quite, no one was out of their tents or shacks except for the clerics, who were singing and chanting in the temple of Drakar, the great dragon god. The temple was the center piece of the little settlement, it  was here before the town was founded over three hundred years ago. It is said that Draker himself built the temple for his clerics to worship in. Some say that Gorlan built the temple as a disguise for a magic school that he was planning. No one knows for sure the true story behind the temple, except for Draker himself. Next to the temple was the town hall. Where an acolyte was working, putting his master's plan into action.
  The acolyte ran across the gravled floor, of the town hall. His white robes were filthy, from all the sweat and dirt that clung to his robes from the tunnel he was digging, into the under belly of the temple. The young acolyte looked out the window to see if his master had arrived. The master was not here yet he had just enough time to change. As he strarted to change, his mind drifted back to the first time that he met his master: 

  The young slave was bruised and bloody, he laid there in the undergound layer of his bugbear abductors. Trying not to move hoping that the foul stinking creatures, would think that he was dead and leave him alone.The beasts wore notorious for eating human flesh. But what they realiy loved was elven and the boy was in part elvish. Still silent, barely breathing he slowly opened his left eye to get a glance at his captors. He couldn't see anyone or thing it was pitch black.

" Oh my lord, the monsters took my eyes, " the boy yelled in inside his mind.
" No, your not blind. The room is just dark."  said a voice in his mind.
" Who said that? "  the boy whispered.
"  I did. Do not speak out loud. I can hear your thoughts and you can hear mine."
" I don't care how you are speaking to me. Can you get me out of here?"
" If I do will you serve me? "   
The room became a little brighter. He could see better.
The boy looked around. He was in a small stone room. With a big wooden door. He was all alone.
    His father had sold him into slavery and these bugbears were hired by the man that his father had sold him to. Because he knew that these bugbears were hired by the man that his father had sold him to. He tried to escape again, this time he almost made it  to the king's capitol city were slavery was not allowed. Every time that he did manage to free himself, the man that his father had sold him too would find him.
  The bugbear slammed the door into the room.
  " Get up!! Your master will pay a handsome price for you." The armoured bugbear shouted.
  The tall creature reached down and grabbed hin by his bloody arm and gave it a twist. The kid screamed out in pain. The injured boy tried to defend off his captor. The pain was increasing.
  " Please, let me go. You can tell him I got away. You don't have to do this. Please--"  the boy pleaded with the odorous creature.
" I am getting paid if you are dead or alive. So make it easy on me and struggle some more. "  the creature reached for his dagger from his belt, moving aside the humanoid  skulls from various races that dangled from his belt as trophies. The metal from the blade sparkled from the fire, that the other bugbears were sitting around. They laughed as the bloody body ceased his movement. The dagger wielding creature pulled him by his arm and chained the boy to the stone wall. Where half a eaten corpse dangled from another chain.
  The boy looked around the cave and saw a tall, slim white robbed figure standing in the middle of the fire.
" I must be dieing and the fire demon has come to seek vengence for me." the boy said as he coughed up blood.
  A flash of steal came from the fire demon as the boy passed out in pain.
© Copyright 2008 Sr. John (johnnyt at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1419279-The-unleashing