*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1421031-The-Unleashing--Part-1-chpt-II
Rated: E · Novel · Fantasy · #1421031
This is chapter 2 to Unleahing I hope You like it.
              Chapter II.
          THE DROW                               



    It was more of a camp than anything else, noted the cloaked figure. His stare was cold and frightful. Rumors have it that he could kill you with a look. His cleric's robes were white, but in the bright twin moons light of this night they looked more like blood.
  " Is this the mighty village of Gorlan? " he said to himself as he rode into town.
  The cleric chanted a prayer to his god. For the power of un blessing to be invoked on the camp so he can enter this holy place. He felt the power come over him, he chanted some more words and started to transform his body into a older male human. If anyone found out that he was a dark elf  and not a man, the temple elders would kill him and no one would follow him.
    He was here for a reason, and no one could stop him. He climbed down from his horse and walked in to the town hall. Upon entering he was greeted by another white robed man.
  " Is everything ready?" he asked the figure in front of him.
  " Yes, my lord, Seth " the young acolyte lied, avoiding the older man's stare.
  " Don't disapoint me. Because if you do -- "
  " No, my lord I will not." the young man said falling to his knees.
The cleric turned around went back outside and rode out of the village.
He headed toward his destiny.
The acolyte watched him ride out of town and went back to work, not noticing the figures in the shadows watching the cleric leave as well.

  Behind him two asassains from the capital city of Drakonal followed closely always staying in the shadows. One of the asassains was a half-orc a very high ranking mercenary and asassain in the guild and the other a human battle mage. The pair had worked together before, but not like this. This time it would be different. This was no normal contract killing, the guild master had told them. They would have to retrieve an enchanted book from a cleric of the temple of Drakar. The guild master didn't give them to much information. All they knew was that his name was Seth and that he would be here on this night. 
" Do you think he has it?" said the half-orc.
" He must have it. I caste a detect magic spell on him and he glows of magic. He must have it I tell you."
" If he does have it. We will have to fight him for it." 
" No, we will have to kill him." said the mage.
" Now?" the half-orc said reaching for his throwing dagger.
" No, not in town on the trail. When he is dead, then and only then  we will be able to get the book."
 


    The wind howled across the valley of the walking dead. Thats what the elders had called it, the tall slenderly built dark elf recalled. It struck him as a odd  name for a place. But looking at the place now. He could see why it was called that. The place was dry and all the grass was dead. The trees looked like petrified stone. He didn't care what it looked like, he had to come. He had to be here at this place, at this time. He looked up at the moon to his left and then the one to his right. He was in the right spot. This was the place where they bound and banished the evil god. He smiled and climbed down from his dark black horse. His white cleric robes blowing in the breeze. He hated white, but he had to  wear this color. Because the robes of the order Drakar were white and he belonged to a part of that order. But in his heart and mind, he worshiped a different god. He belonged to the order of Dragnor. They worshiped death. The dark elf  who was known as Seth started to chant and sing the song of Dragnor.  This was the night that his god would return, and destroy the world of man. He had done everything that his god had told him to do.

The asassins watched and waited for the the white robed figure to bring out the book. If they failed to reacover the book, it would be the end of world.

      ++++++++                  ++++++++              ++++++++

    Dragnor was a great black dragon the ruler of the underworld. The place of darkness and death. He was banished there by his brother Drakar, the golden dragon of legend. For trying to destroy mankind. Dragnor had united all evil against his brother. The epic battle lasted for years, the war almost destroyed mankind. In the end man survived and with the help of Drakar they banished the evil god. Dragnor swore that his brother and mankind would pay for what they had done. A century had passed and his time has come. This was the night of His uprising, His return to power. He could taste it now, the better sweet taste of vengence.
    Dragnor started to laugh, when he did it came out as a spine splitting growl. His big black scaley chest heaved up and down as smoke and mucus came from His nostrils. The mucus hit the ground in front of him and started to melt the stone floor. His laughter got louder and louder as he thought of what he was going to do. He would start with humans. He hated man, he despised them.
    Dragnor scratched his head with his long webbed fingers with nails like razors. As he scratched old scales came of his head. He started to stretch out his body.  His long tail, whipped all about the room, as he started to change. The ruler of the underworld, he had to become human the very thing that he despised. As he looked at himself, in the enchanted looking glass. That he used to communicate with Seth, one of the clerics of Drakar. He had to keep up this ghastly shell of a body. If he didn't and he let them see his true form they would never release him from his prison. He heard a voice from the world above call out to him. It was time and his followers from the dark part of the order of  Drakar would release him soon. He heard the skinny dark elf's voice again. He was chanting louder now.
      Dragnor could see Seth in the enchanted glass, chanting loudly and with fervor. He was wearing the disgusting white robes of the temple. That would have to change, the underworld god thought to himself. His followers would have to start wearing black. He loved the color of black, it reminded him of death. The voice of the dark cleric came into his mind again and shattered his train of thought. He could feel the chains of his imortal prison starting to loosen. It will happen soon, he told himself. The dark ruler looked back at the mirror, and he saw the priest looking back at him in his own enchanted looking glass. 
© Copyright 2008 Sr. John (johnnyt at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1421031-The-Unleashing--Part-1-chpt-II