*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1420157-Love-Realized-Too-Late
Rated: E · Poetry · Romance/Love · #1420157
A heart afraid to trust and love and once realized it became to late for a life together.
Anger flushed threw me,
Pain stabbed my heart,
Sickness filled my stomach, and the emotions caused me to shake.
Feelings once again pushed deep inside and contained to darkness.

I traveled to the beach to get away from my life, it traveled with me.
My heart came along and somehow was seen.
By a stranger.

A weekend of boosted ego, new friends, old places and still a hidden heart.
But, this weekend my heart wasn't empty - it was full and feeling hope.
It was not obvious to me but, became clearer by each moment.

Amazing offers, unwelcomed invites, bold compliments and still no man could reach me.
But one man saw through me.
He opened my eyes.

His words rang clear, "You're heart is taken", went without saying as my son filled it. Correction made, point taken, love realized. My son was part of it. My heart was taken, years ago by his father. My eyes opened and I felt secure, finally.

During my distant realization, I had no way of knowing the man I really loved was with another woman......again, too much, too often. I've once again been blind, been lied too, been the fool.

My fault.......maybe....his fault....definately.... our fault, yes. Communication lost, secrets kept, lies told and trust broken.

A never ending circle until one walks away. Another broken heart, more pieces to carry, more baggage on board and still hearts move forward. Love once again not realized till it was too late to save.
© Copyright 2008 takeachance (mystryschance at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1420157-Love-Realized-Too-Late