*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1421445-Unleashing-part-1-Chpt-II--part-2
Rated: E · Novel · Fantasy · #1421445
Dragons, sword play and magic.
Seth looked into the mirror as he started to read from the book of dragnor, the unholy book that came with the enchanted looking glass. That was given to him ( when he was human) on one of his journeys to the capital city of Drakonal ten years ago. A young lady had given it to him and told him it was a gift from Dragnor. But it came with a high price. She warned him as she ran into the crowd. He didn't know who the lady was. He was just an acolyte of the temple. He felt fear when he held the package. Seth knew who Dragnor was, the god of the underworld, the ruler of the dead. The young acolyte felt that he had to open the package as soon has he can. The young man didn't know anyone in town except for the other clerics in the temple. But he couldn't go there, not now, not with this package. The order of the Drakar was dead set against Dragnor the evil brother of the one true god, Drakar the bringer of the light. But there was some in the order that worshiped the dark god and Seth was one. So when the girl gave him the package he was scared. Because if anyone knew that he was a follower of ruler of the dead. They would surely kill him. He quickly went into a local tavern.
The steward of the bar looked up to see a portly man wearing the robes of the temple of Drakar. The man must have been in a hurry to get out of sight. As he ran through the door to the tavern he nearly knocked down two of the town guards.
" You should watch were your going. " said the old bar keep.
" I didn't see them." said the very nervous acolyte holding tightly to a package. " I need a room for the---", before he could get the final word out of his mouth. One of the guards had grabbed on to his arm and spun the acolyte around to face him. The town guard was very dirty and smelled of ale. His dirty gauntlet squeezed the man hard as he said.
" You should be more careful monk."
" I I am am an acolyte and I'm sorry, very sorry good sir." the portly man stutters in fear.
" Leave him alone, Jarvus" said the other guard.
" No!! I am sick and tired of these white robed, goody too shoes." Jarvus said as he pushed the acolyte into the bar and reached for his sword.
The portly man felt a surge of power come over him. He was no longer afraid. The power was coming from the package he felt the warmth and the humming it was doing in his mind. He felt the power of Dragnor come over him as he started to chant in a low tone of voice , " SHAKNOR LE TA VOR LE KA " his eyes turning blood red.
" SHAKNOR LE TA VOR LE KA " The acolyte started to get louder " SHAKNOR LE TA VOR LE KA !! "
The guards looked at each other in fright. They both pulled there swords out, stepped back and started to swing.
The portly man started to chant louder and louder. He crossed his arms in front of his face and shouted " SHAKNOR LE TA VOR LE KA " As he uncrossed his arms and pointed his fingers at the two guards. When he did flames shot out of his finger tips. The flames engulfed the two guards. They screamed in pain as their limbs turned to ash. The acolyte looked around the tavern and said in a low voice,
" Is there anyone else here who wants to hurt me? "
The tavern fell silent. The portly man turned around and looked at the bar keep, " Now how about that room."
The old bar keep gave him an old rusty key and pointed to a room at top of the stairs.
The acolyte started to walk up the stairs to his room. When he got to the top, the bar keep ran out the front door and stumbled on to the street.
Seth doubled over in pain as he reached the top of the stairs. His eyes started to bleed and he felt his body change. He grew taller and slender, his ears even changed. His skin even grew darker. When the pain subsided, his mind started to drift back to him. " Oh, what have I done" the acolyte said to himself. " I couldn't have done that. I don't have power like that. Not even the high cleric of the temple had power like this." The acolyte stopped in front of his room, he knew had to leave this place and get out of town. But for some reason he didn't care anymore. He felt more powerful then the mighty wizard Gorlan. He grabbed the handle and smiled.
What Seth didn't know is that he was forever changed, no longer in control. Dragnor was. The acolyte was just a puppet in his master's plan.


© Copyright 2008 Sr. John (johnnyt at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1421445-Unleashing-part-1-Chpt-II--part-2