*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1421479-The-true-meaning-of-personvance
by Keshi
Rated: E · Essay · Other · #1421479
This paper is about my definition anf personvance means
The true meaning of Perseverance


My father was the type to never let anything get in his way. He has been in the military for the last twenty years. Although he had fun throughout those years, there have also been some rough patches along the way. I remember when I was a little girl and coming home to him with his head in the books. I later found out that those books were going to help him make rank. I remember the first time he took the test and didn't pass. After his first unsuccessful attempt he tried harder, with each time getting closer to his goal. He was like a college student cramming for a final. I remember entering the family room where he studied and where he looked so frustrated. He never let it stop him from trying. Perseverance is overcoming all, obstacle that are place in the way despite the entire odds place against you. Due to his perseverance he was able to pass his test to make rank. At the time, I never understood why he was pushing himself so hard. It wasn't until I grew up that realized he was determined to accomplish any task at hand. I finally understood his struggle and why it was so important for him to achieve his goals.
I remember coming home from school where my father would be studying. There was a Friday afternoon right after school where I wanted to go outside to play at the park with some friends ,but I wasn't allow because he need a peacefully environment to study. Since my mother was at work, I was forced to entertain myself by watching him study. He saw that I was enjoying myself, so he asks me for help. He hand me his note cards that he was use to help him remember the information. I would hold up the card and he would tell me the answer. Even though I was upset with him for not taking me out, I was happy that I could help him study. At the time I thought he was just being a mean daddy. Now that I was think about he was just determined to understand the material.

Unlike my father, my cousin didn't have any to achieve anything that gave her boost in the world. She tried many things in her childhood, such as horse back riding, playing many different sports, and even playing a few instruments. In all her activity choices, she never completed them due to the difficult level of the task. I remember her wanting to play the piano. That lasted about a week and a half because she couldn't master the keys. She went to five practices before she stopped playing. Instead of practicing more, she decided that quitting would be easier. I though it was just a phase but she been on the same repeating cycle all through her life.

Now my father has retired from the military after twenty years of hard work. My cousin is still trying to find herself now in her adult career. My father has a good steady job while my cousin can't even keep one long then a few months. Through looking at my father and cousin as examples, I see the effects of both choices. One reason for his success is because he attempted something that gives him great difficulties, but yet he still overcame those obstacles, and he was able to prevail over anything that was thrown his way.

When a person overcomes a challenge that conflicts him or her internally, it's easy to see the benefits of his or her struggles. Through determination and perseverance we can accomplish anything that is thrown our way. Through looking at bad examples, we can know how the out come will turn out. Since I followed my father as my example of perseverance, I will be able to obtain a college education. Also through my father I have something to work toward, once I finish college. Due to him I have seen that anything came be done with a little hard work and determination.
© Copyright 2008 Keshi (livqu07 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1421479-The-true-meaning-of-personvance