*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1423262-Peter-Pan-the-Dreamer
Rated: E · Other · Biographical · #1423262
Why do people consider me lazy?
         First of all, I do not consider myself to be lazy.  In fact, I think I am a very hard working individual.  The problem is, what I work hard on is retaining my fantasy and imagination.
 
         Each and every night that comes, I look forward to going to sleep.  For you see, when I dream I am able to escape from this world and visit a different Earth that exist only in my mind.  On this imaginary planet, I can watch the characters that have been growing and maturing in my dreams since my first nap so many years ago. 

         Take for instance Hopper, the three foot rabbit.  In my fantasy I have watched him from his happy days of being the pet off a young girl named Sara.  I witnessed first hand as he and his mistress were kidnapped by alien scientists and exposed to evil experiments.  How he grew from the cute and cuddly pet into a more humanoid, cigar smoking, gun blasting, sarcastic version of his former self.

         Can you witness all of that in the real world?

         No, I do not want to give up my real life self.  I do not want to leave my beautiful wife and two adoring sons, for I love them dearly and nothing could ever replace them in my hearts.  All I would like in this world is a bit of understanding for that short, impish, mischievous boy who follows the inhabitants of a not-so-distant world so that he can convey their stories to the population of this one.
© Copyright 2008 The Lunatic Peter Pan (tjbullard at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1423262-Peter-Pan-the-Dreamer