*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1422892-More-Ravings-from-the-Lunatic-Peter-Pan
Rated: E · Other · Biographical · #1422892
More from the mind of the real life Peter Pan
         Okay.  So we have established that I am not the character from J.M. Berry's classic tale of a boy who would not grow up.  I am, however, a man like any other. I go to work each day and labor so that my wife and two children can eat.  Like most people, I have a boss that I would love to see get stuck on a reality show so that the entire world can see him/her for the idiot I know them to be.  And everyday I dream of some sort of escape. 
         My solution?  My fantasy.  In my previous ranting I may have made it seem like my imagination is a curse.  Well, it's not.  Remember when you were a child and you looked up at the clouds.  Did you see faces or mythological creatures in the puffy white forms?  How about when you look at a pattern of dots?  Do you see fantastic scenes of villany and heroics playing out in the seemingly random specks?
Well I do. 
         People we have to embrace the child inside of all of us and let them out to play!  Otherwise, how can we hope to understand what our children are saying to us BEFORE they learn the use of words and grammar.  My youngest is only eight months old and the two of us can talk for hours.  Does that mean that I am insane? Disturbed?  Or even a moron??  Hell no.  It just means that I refuse to forget the lessons of my childhood.  I refuse to dismiss my own encounters with pirates, dragons, and aliens as if they never occured.  And damn it all to hell, I refuse to grow up and leave my children to face the world of their fantasies alone.

your Friend
Peter Pan
© Copyright 2008 The Lunatic Peter Pan (tjbullard at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1422892-More-Ravings-from-the-Lunatic-Peter-Pan