*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1424009-Man-of-Many-Sarrow-short-story
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Short Story · Philosophy · #1424009
a stuborn young boy goes throught life knowing nothing until hes a man
A boy wakes up, a confused boy. He wakes up to a world, a world were nothing makes sense to him. Everything is so meaningless if it all ceased to be he would not know the difference. He got out of his bed and draped himself with his meaningless rages. He knows no purpose for anything. He is young and ignorant. He walked out of his meaningless house and on to the meaningless street; he looked at all of the meaningless beings. This boy is ignorant to life, with no guidance, yet he continues walking forward and looked out at nothing.
         He walked for miles without knowing of a mile. Beautiful women with out knowing of a flower, He passed love, hate, sorrow, happiness, fear, and safety with out knowing emotion, all that was nothing the boy. He walked passed the dying and the dead without knowing of life. All of this happening around him meant so much to others, but meant nothing to him. He kept walking for day and weeks without knowing of time; he walked through storms, drought, winds, rains, and all seasons and didn't even know it.          He could have walked through the second coming of Christ and been ignorant of it. He walked until he saw a man dressed in white with a white beard and white hair. He caught his eye but he didn't know why the old man was different. He walked after this man who didn't know of him. He followed him to a house where he went in. The boy walked in and saw him go through a hole, so he did the same and followed him through the hole.
         When the boy went through the hole there was nothing, it was all black. He didn't know if he was falling or not, but sadly he knew not of falling. He sat there empty until he wondered how long he's been there, and then a clock appeared hanging on nothing. When he wondered how the clock was hanging there, a walled appeared behind the clock. He began wondering why he had no rages to cover him then he became clothed. He sat there and wondered, and making his world come to life for years and years.
         Till one day he was old and gray with a world he knew around him. He was on a road where he once was a little boy. He saw the shack he'd seen as a little boy, and he knew of shelter. He saw the storms going on around him and knew of weather. He smelt the fragrance of a flower and knew of love, but when he saw a small boy behind him he only knew to run.
© Copyright 2008 Billy the Kid (fearnloathing at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1424009-Man-of-Many-Sarrow-short-story