*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1424031-Relativity
Rated: E · Short Story · Contest Entry · #1424031
perspective of life entry for the daily flash fiction challenge 300 word max
Relativity
(word count 300)

The coffee shop is busy today.  That means more tips, thought Eddie as he rushed from table to table cleaning up spills and empty cups.

How can so many people afford to pay four dollars for a fancy cup of coffee?

The morning crowd spewed a confusion of conversations.  Eddie tried not to listen but sometimes a line or two would stream past his defenses.

"This is the worst day of my life," said a woman to her female companion.  She was dressed in a business suit that probably cost more than Eddie would make in a month.

"First the nanny called in sick so I had to have the maid drive Matilda to school.  Then the gardener arrives not only late but with the wrong plants.  I specifically told him tulips and what does he show up with?  Daffodils!  Can you imagine?  Finally, on my way here to meet you, my purse strap broke.  Now I might as well throw it out!"

Eddie broke away to clean up elsewhere. 

After twelve long hours, he was on a bus heading home.

An hour later he climbed off the bus into the early evening, he paused to feel the change rattle in his pocket.  He had made nearly ten dollars in tips today.  Not bad.
The air was clean and cool giving him new life as he walked the last few blocks home.

Around 8:00 p.m., he finally made it home to his small apartment where his wife and young daughter waited for him. 

Before he can get to the front door, it swings open and little Lisa runs out and throws her arms around her daddy's legs.  As he lifts her up for a big hug, he thinks, I am the luckiest man alive. Another Best Day of My Life.
© Copyright 2008 Hyperiongate (hyperiongate at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1424031-Relativity