*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1426379-Untitled-Part-1
Rated: E · Short Story · Fantasy · #1426379
Just something I ramdomly started this.
When magic still ran through the fingers of the mortals of the dieing planet. Even when the mighty dragons ruled the skies, and the mer-folk rule the sea. When the gods gave them their powers to rule over these areas of this newly formed land. But when they came to the mortals they gave them the land that not even the dwarves would live. Then in doing so time passed to legend, legend to myth, and my glorious race was pushed into the shadows from the actions of the pathetic mortals and their search for power. As the mortals pushed their way from the fire pits of Tathenia and into the home lands of other major races, they killed elves, dragons and the now rumored mer-folk with countless other now mystical beings. So when these accounts reached the ears of our beloved queen, Myrrh, she turned to the sages. Their awesome powers combined created the tremendous wall of root and thorn. In doing so the wall slowly obscured us from the rest of the known world.
         But this story does not begin in that time but a few thousand years after the summoning of our gates, or even the attempt of the attacks of the mortals. The story begins with the birth of two of the well-known beings of my race, Eiphrim and Amilia; they are my younger brother and sister. They are the first known twins of the Manakete. For thousands of years my kind has ruled over the Eastern reaches of the now dieing world. Our ability to use the sacred stones of Ba'Kaathis, to turn into the most powerful dragons.
         "Mi'lord, it shall be t'oo childs you have!" the house servant said as he rushed into the room were my father and I where waiting for the news of my mother and my newborn siblings.
         My father looked to me, "Frithous, wait here I shall return with the joyous news of your mother and you're new born brothers..."
         "Um.... Shir it not be boys...." the servant so rudely interrupted.
         "Then the new of your sisters...." my father tries to add as the servant interrupted again.
         "Um.... Shir it be boy and girl." the servant hesitantly added as he new the punishment for interrupting again. The punishment for servants who interrupt their masters it from the to go to the town square and have their tongues ripped from their skull as everyone looked upon them, the on lookers would throw stones and vegetables at them and shout curses in all tongues. But this being a very joyous day to my father, he would forget the atrocity that he as committed.
My father stormed from the room with the servant hesitantly following a few feet behind him.
         As I sat in my study, waiting for my father to return with the news of my beloved mother and my new siblings, as I hesitantly begin to drift into sleep my father burst into my study. I jumped out of my seat and almost fell out the window that was letting the cool air gently rush in from the garden. I realized where I was as the scent from the apple and pear trees that rested at the foot of my window.
         "Jal'kathous, your mother has sent me here to have you go to her, because she wants to see you be.... be... before she... she will not make it my son." As these words reach my ears my heart begins to sink. My mother, the only person that has ever showed me that I am able to change the world, is going to leave me. I look to my father as he begins to realize what he just said to his wife's only son. He looked to me again but with the most sincerity in his eyes.
         "If you wish to take a moment I believe that your mother will wait just a few moments for you, my son." I turned to my father as I began to follow him to my mother's chambers. The large stone door cracked just enough for me to hear the whimpers of my mother on the other side. I gently place my hand on the stone door, then with a gentle push the door swings open the light from the window from across the hall eliminate just a portion of the room. All that was shown was the foot of her bed and the ruffles in her silk sheets that cover her weakened body. I slowly step into the room the smell of blood and death fill my lungs.
         "Mother?" I softly called out. I felt like a young child trying to find their way through the dense out lieing trees of a forest or a jungle.
© Copyright 2008 Marcus Von Valentine (zual3701 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1426379-Untitled-Part-1