*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1426553-Leaving-Tronlan
Rated: E · Chapter · Fantasy · #1426553
Lell has to find her mother after she is taken by soldiers of doom.
         Lell watched the soldiers as they marched from the village nestled between the two mountains of Levin. Hatred filled her eyes and tears fell to the rock over which she was perched. Why would anyone do this? The only home she had ever known was now smoke and ash.
         After the men in the grey cloaks left she would find her mother. They had been split apart when the army first entered through the gates of Tronlan and her mother told her to seek refuge behind the jagged rocks, it was, after all, where her childhood was spent. She knew the mountains better than any place in the land-even better than her two-room shack.
         A sudden rush of pain flew through Lell's ears. Familiar screaming filled the valley and overflowed onto the rough mountains. She shifted just enough to peer over the boulder she was sitting behind. Wiping her eyes so she could see, she looked at the screaming lady followed by a trail of other females. And the face was so familiar the stinging in her ears turned into the worst pain she had ever felt. Her mother was hanging from a rope held by a soldier on a bay horse. Lell was up so high that features were almost impossible to see. But she could tell by the long blonde hair and the thin waist it was the only person in the world she had ever loved. Pools of blood covered the back of the shirt that used to be a beautiful grey color. Every time the beautiful woman tried to resist the pulling of the horse, a man would strike his long leather whip over her back. Lell screamed out, "Mother!" But her mother couldn't hear over her own loud screaming. "Come back to me, Mother!" She tried once more then she slid down the steep mountain but tripped over a large rock that tumbled with her to the bottom. Luckily for her, no cuts were anywhere in sight.
         When she found herself at the bottom of the mountain she ran into the soldiers path. The closest man was just twenty feet in front of her, but the screaming of the people occupied his ears and obscured the shuffling of her feet. Lell took a deep breath and darted toward the men, however she wasn't moving. "Let me go-" but a hand covered her mouth before she let out the full blast. In haste she bit the fingers that were keeping her from her mother. But before she could yell again the hand had a more careful hold.
         The men were now passing through the gates from which they had come. Then one by one the men disappeared. Her mothers screaming died away along with all the other desperate calls for help.
         She kicked at the source that was holding her captive. Then a warming male's voice spoke from the behind her, "I will let you go if you promise to stay here." How was he so calm in such a situation? He removed his hand and let her speak.
         "Yes, yes. I'll stay," she said angrily. When he let go, however, she tried to run from him. But that was exactly what he was expecting and he was able to grab her before she moved.
         "Stay still. It will be ok, I promise." He loosened his grip but kept a hold on her wrist just in case.
         "They have my mother. Please let me go to her. Please!" She said without turning to him. "I want her."
         "Two gone will not do any good, will it?" He asked in his calm voice as he turned her to his face. She shook her head sorrowfully.
                "Please help, I need her."
© Copyright 2008 rodeocrazy228 (rodeocrazy228 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1426553-Leaving-Tronlan