*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1427497-The-Betrayer
Rated: E · Fiction · Friendship · #1427497
The betrayer. That's who Claudia is. But the problem is she's my friend.
I glance in her direction. I sigh. "Claudia, coming lunch with me? Or is it Jamie?" I hated Jamie. She was been my sworn-enemy ever since I stepped into this class. Claudia knew it and still buddied around with her. It was simply to spite me. I knew, deep in my heart, that Claudia had simply been making use of me. I push away the thoughts, trying to remember the happy times we had shared. I also knew, Jamie simply wanted a true friend. But she couldn't have mine. She couldn't have mine.
"Um...I'm going with...Jamie. Yeah, I'm going with her." Claudia's words snap me out of my reverie. I look up. Her face, normally chiseled in a smug smile, seems less sure. I mumble, " You sure? You don't look too good to me. "Just GO! Stop bugging me you pathetic idiot!" Claudia yells, losing her patience. I blink back my tears. I walk fast out of the room, and trip. It hurts. Maybe that's why tears are streaming down my face.
A couple of minutes later, I shuffle out of the dank toilets, my head bowed, hoping no one will see my bloodshot eyes, sniffly nose, and most of all, my broken heart. Had all those times not mattered? Were those happy moments just an illusion? I ask myself, over and over. "She's just feeling low... she'll be fine." I shout at the little voices in my head. "Yup. That's right. She'll be fine. Without you!" The little voices cackle, and suddenly are gone. Like my friendship.
I hear a sound of shuffling feet. A whole stampede of them. It's the cool clique. I've got to hide. Before I can make my escape, I hear my name being said. I dodge behind a pole. A girl with lustrous brown hair and blue eyes says, " Yeah! Shannon's such a dweeb. So is Jamie!"
I know that voice. I know that face.
It's Claudia. It's Claudia.
My best friend, all the way through Grade 1 is hanging out with the clique she detests and is gossiping about me. I let out a muffled sob. They look up. I look into Claudia's eyes. Her eyes flicker towards my direction. They are like blue pieces of ice, and they show hatred and coldness. Hot and cold. That's how our friendship is. But not anymore. Because we aren't friends. We never were.
_____________________________________________________________________
note:
so sorry if this is total rubbish! Wrote it in a day... Please give me your reviews!
© Copyright 2008 Never Ending Words... (eening at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1427497-The-Betrayer