*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1428236-The-Battle-for-Mars
Rated: 13+ · Other · War · #1428236
The battle for mars
The year is 2472, the light speed barrier has been broken. The American Empire has conquered Earth. The Russians were starting to leave the planet to colonize Mars. The results were disaster for the Russians. The Russians set out with a fleet of 2500 civilian ships, 750 cargo ships and 900 military ships. They were almost all destroyed in the process of leaving the planet by American missiles. The ships that survived were mostly civilian ships. The cargo and military ships were all destroyed expect one military ship and two cargo ships. Ninety-one civilian ships survived. When the remaining ships arrived on Mars, eleven days later, all there resources were spent. They made a mine (it was basically a hole in the ground created by a crashing civilian ship). They mined moister so they could drink. Since they had no food most people died of starvation. The few that remained ­­­- barely 9000 - resorted to cannibalism, disgusting yes, but necessary .
In the next few days things would become much, much worst for the Russians. In the mine, the people that were still fit to work were mining heard a loud crash when one of the workers picks broke. But that was not the surprising part. The miners had so far nothing to break the picks on, they had been digging through dirt, now they had hit something metallic. And by the sounds of it, it was HUGE!!! The workers all became very excited. Their excitement would become fear in a short while. The workers all began digging frantically around the metal, all their tools broke. They then heard a loud growling sound. "It sounds like a motor!" says one of the exited workers. He was right, it was a motor.
And then from the ground came the biggest warship anyone present had ever seen. It fired a laserbeam at the workers and they moaned in pain as they slowly were vaporized from the feet up. Nobody survived. The last thing the workers saw was more ships coming out of the ground. The ships headed toward the Russian camp and destroyed it. The mysterious ships headed toward Earth apparently interpreting the Russian landing as an act of aggression by mankind.
The Martian ships
© Copyright 2008 duhmcduh (bladannybla10 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1428236-The-Battle-for-Mars