*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1428339-Can-You-Feel-This
by Joanna
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Fantasy · #1428339
Betrayal can be found among the adored. Among the ones who teach loyalty.
She didn't speak when he entered the room. His sharp gray-green eyes regarded her carefully. He took a step forward to touch her, or hold her even, but she moved away. She could sense his disappointment, his anger, his fear, his despondence. She smiled wickedly at his pain, but still did not speak.

She stepped across the room, taking long, slow steps, making sure he watched. She whipped around and caught him staring, just as she had hoped. He looked away, turning crimson red. She could taste his embarrassment now; it relaxed her, made her speak.

"So how do you explain?" she asked. She raised her eyebrows and turned away again.

"Everything happened so quickly, I tried to-" she raised her hand quickly, to silence him.

His eyes widened in worry and she drank it in. Her eyes narrowed and she walked quickly towards him. Tension filled the room and she laughed a loud sinful laugh.

"How do you justify killing my brother?" she said in a low voice.

He shivered; she was much more frightening when she whispered. He took a step away from her, and she grabbed the collar of his shirt. The room darkened and shadows crept around them. Her green-blue eyes, darkened to a vicious purple and he knew she was furious.

"Don't you dare walk away from me," she growled.

"Your brother wanted to kill you. I had to protect you," he said hurriedly, before she struck him.

Airro pulled his knife out of a wounded guard and let out a truly vicious cackle. He licked his lips. Airro loved the feeling of slitting an innocent human's throat.

'My plans will finally come to fruition. No one can stop me when I'm this close.'

"Airro! What are you doing? That's Celestine's guard! Why are you-" Erolid yelled frantically.

Celestine was the most powerful being he knew and Airro was her brother. She adored Airro and would never hurt him. Airro moved so he was behind Erolid and laughed.

"If you think you're going to ruin this for me boy, you're sadly mistaken. I am the most powerful being and once I kill Celestine, everyone will realize that. I've had too much of being that
child's second in command," he spat.

Erolid narrowed his eyes and the air stilled. His hands turned a murky green and he gave a maniacal grin. Erolid turned slowly as his lips turned green and smiled at Airro.

"How shall we do this?" Airro turned to run, but Erolid grabbed his arm and placed a seemingly innocent kiss on his eyelids.

"The Kiss Of Death, wishes you silent," he whispered as Airro collapsed.


Celestine's eyes dilated and the room became blindingly bright. Small ink-like tears flowed out of her eyes and icicles formed across the ceiling. Erolid touched her frigid skin and summoned all of his feeling. He let his love and devotion sink into her skin and warm her. Her tears faded just as quickly as they had come and she gasped.

She took an unsteady step away from him, drunk with delight. Erolid pulled her towards him and kissed the places where her inky tears had been. Celestine pulled away, her face unreadable. She turned away from him, still in shock over her brother's attempt at betrayal. The room darkened for just a second, before she felt the rush of euphoria. Celestine inhaled it all and smiled rather brightly, for a Queen of Darkness.
© Copyright 2008 Joanna (shotgunwedding at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1428339-Can-You-Feel-This