*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1435132-Fatal-Presumption
by Joanna
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Death · #1435132
What would you do if you thought someone you loved cheated on you? Would you kill them?
"Paint your sorrows in his golden blood and he will forever be yours," Kabin whispered.

"Are you suggesting that I kill our king?" Elizia hissed.

Kabin wrapped an arm around her waist and smiled. He brushed back her jade green hair, and kissed her neck.

"Sweet E, you taste so sweet."

Elizia narrowed her eyes, "don't change the subject Kabin. Are you asking me to-"

"If you are suspicious of his fidelity, than search for truth. If it is not what you like...well have your way with him," he said carefully.

Kabin's eyes darkened and he kissed her neck again, sweet, sugary kisses. Elizia sighed, knowing that Kabin would tell her no more. She and King Drard had fallen in love moons ago and Elizia was getting suspicious. Each night he would come home later and later, with no explanation. Elizia had turned to her friends, but they gave her incredulous looks, "You're a peasant and he's a king, you actually expect him to stay faithful!?" She had finally come to Kabin for advice, but he hated Drard with a passion that most girls found attractive. But Kabin only had eyes for Elizia, dark ruby red eyes that watched her every waking hour, and then haunted her nightmares. Elizia leaned back on the couch and let Kabin touch her the way Drard used to.

Suddenly he stopped and glanced up at her with curious eyes, "What are you going to do?"

Elizia stared at Kabin for what seemed like hours, until she finally answered, "If he is unfaithful, he will pay the price." Kabin smiled again and resumed kissing Elizia's skin.

Later that Day

Elizia's brown eyes were cold as she followed Drard home. She had trailed Drard to a restaurant, where he had met with a slim, sophisticated woman. Drard had kissed both of the woman's cheeks and slipped his arms around her waist. The woman had leaned forward to kiss him and Elizia turned away. On the walk to Drard's home, she had planned out just how she would kill him. A silver goblet filled with poison and a golden dagger charged with hate. Elizia managed to get home just before Drard and she filled the goblet and prepared the dagger. She sat on the couch, just as Drard entered the room.

"Hey E, what are you-"

"Drard, drink with me. I miss being with you." Elizia managed a smile and gave Drard the silver goblet.

"Just business as usual E," he said taking a sip from the glass.

"So it was business when that slut kissed you," she hissed.

"What? How did you...I swear that was the first time and I told her I had a girlfriend."

"Then why have you been coming home so late?" she retorted.

"E, I've been planning our wedding," he said softly.

Elizia gasped and knocked the cup out of his hand. Tears spilling out of her eyes, she clung to him, whispering, "Sorry, so sorry."

"What's-" Drard began to ask, but his throat had constricted.

Drard drew in ragged breaths, "Why?" he choked.

Kabin walked in the door smiling sinisterly, "Am I too late or has the killing already begun?"

Elizia grabbed the golden dagger and pointed it at Kabin.

"Now, now E, watch that knife."

Fed up with Kabin, Elizia threw herself at him. The pair wrestled on the floor, but Kabin easily pulled the knife out of her hand and held it up to her neck.

"E, I love you. Don't make me do this."

"I hate you Kabin! I'd rather die than love you. Just kill me now!" she screamed.

Kabin sighed and glanced at Drard, who had stopped breathing.

"I'll grant your wish love, but you could have had so much more," he whispered before driving the knife into her throat. Kabin silently grabbed all pieces of evidence, before jumping out of the window and into the cool midnight air.
© Copyright 2008 Joanna (shotgunwedding at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1435132-Fatal-Presumption