*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1428815-a-dream
Rated: E · Other · Fantasy · #1428815
just a short dream, out of the blue, just felt like writing
    I always remember that dream I may have been eleven but it was always planted there deep down my brain. Sometimes I think there is something terribly wrong with me, like I am not a normal being. I stood there behind that tree that felt so much alive, overwhelmed with what laid there before my eyes.

    The most beautiful green scenery, but I was standing behind the only tree; my only friend. Then comes the old man, his bloody eyes were bulging like he was stressing on them. His bold scalp reflecting the sun's rays with white strands of hair filling its sides down his shoulders endlessly. His skin wrinkled  and so thin he looked like a skeleton. I look in his eyes and I feel my body shivering cold, I'm so scared tears start filling my eyes.

    He's coming, yes the knight on the black horse, but what he just passes us running like we don't exist, like I don't exist. He's still staring at me, however I never try to tilt my head, shift my eyes away. He seems to be trying to stand, but I don't think he'll make it. Paralyzed, I can't move "somebody please help me" , I finally break out. When I do, she is always there stroking my hair and looking into my eyes. She then holds me between her arms and cries, while I'm the one who should be, I am suddenly relieved. Her eyes makes me feel safe and her hug makes me feel warm "I love you don't ever leave me. Stay right here and hug me forever why do you always got to go".

    Then she moves away and smiles like I was kidding, as if I had to know that it can't be and I do. I never figured out why, I haven't the slightest idea of who that woman was. Why did she make me feel that safe was my dilemma.  Seeing that dream for the past fifty years of my life was my curse and still is, and still will be for the rest of my life. I just believe that one day I'll understand it and when I will I'll let you know son, I just hope that I live to that day.

© Copyright 2008 dreamer (fakhry at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1428815-a-dream