*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1429838-A-Wet-Pop-Bottle
Rated: · Other · Other · #1429838
An incident that happened in the '40's
I never liked Leo Harris, the geometry teacher and coach. In class he would make remarks about athletes who made some mistake in a game. And he would also make remarks about anybody who offended him.

One day I made a remark that I would be glad when the course was over and that I would hate to have anything more to do with him. My remark must have gotten back to him because he gave me an angry look on the last day.

Jack, a classmate and I didn't get along well. But we were united by our mutual dislike of Mr. Harris.

One day during the lunch period Mr. Harris motioned me over to talk to him. I wondered what it was about.

"I know that you have been putting wet pop bottles on my desk. Two guys saw you do it." he said.

"No, I didn't" I replied.

"Don't let me catch you doing it."

Later I talked to Jack about what he said. Jack made a face and replied.

"He pulled the same thing on me. He's a liar."
© Copyright 2008 John Warren (adamhynkel at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1429838-A-Wet-Pop-Bottle