*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1432380-The-ultimate-discount
Rated: E · Short Story · Contest Entry · #1432380
A couple gets the ultimate discount for daily flash fiction 300 word max
The Ultimate Discount


They looked like such easy marks when they first entered the store over an hour ago.

Now Ellen was beginning to think they would never make up their minds. How many different times does someone need to look at a ring before making a decision? Not even her fifteen percent commission was worth what this couple was putting her through.

She sneaked a glance at her watch. The store should have closed five minutes after they first entered. She kept the doors open just for this sale. Now she was going to have to pay extra at the day care center.

"Can we take a look at the Mega-Opulent setting one more time?" asked the young woman.

"Of course you can. This would look beautiful on your finger. It sets off the shape of your face nicely" Ellen said dredging up compliment number thirty-five B. Before too long, she would have start repeating them all over again, or invent new ones.

"Can we also see the Amarillo with the diamond crusted border as well?"

"Certainly. I noticed how it matched your skin tone perfectly the last three times you tried it on" she monotoned compliment forty-two.

If they kept her much longer, the day care center would probably put her little girl up for sale on EBay. It was time to wrap it up.

"I am afraid that I have to close up. I will make you a deal. If you choose one right now, I will take ten percent off of the final price."

The couple looked at each other and smiled. Spread out on the counter in front of them were the twenty priciest rings in the store.

The man in the flawless suit reached into his pocket, pulled out a gun and said "We'll take them all."

word count 300

© Copyright 2008 Hyperiongate (hyperiongate at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1432380-The-ultimate-discount