*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1433847-Secret-Appetite
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Contest Entry · #1433847
Man is caught with something on his computer for daily flash fiction
Dale woke up in the middle of the night and found it difficult to go back to sleep. A sly smile crossed his face as he remembered the computer downstairs. Throwing on a robe, he made his way through the dark house down to the privacy of his home office.

He had been down there for about an hour when he the creak of a door announced his wife's entrance into his seemingly private world. He had been caught in the act. She had him dead to rights.

Ellen stood there in the doorway with her arms crossed. Not a good sign. Dale was well aware of the fact that his computer was in full view. There was no way to squirm out of this one.

"What is the filth on your computer?" she demanded in a flat but deadly tone.

"Sweetness, I hope I didn't wake you," Dale shimmied sideways in front of the computer in the unrealistic hope that she had not gotten a clear view and was only guessing.

"I have told you time and time again that I don't want to see that crap on our computer. I don't even know why bother trying to satisfy you. Your appetite is unbelievable."

Dale could only look at the floor.

"Pumpkin. I am really sorry. It's just a natural need. I know you do your best but sometimes, well...I just need to take care of myself. I know just how I like it."

Ellen slammed the door behind her as she left the room. Her look of disgust was burned into Dale's mind.

He turned to look at the double-decker egg, cheese, bologna and catchup sandwich on top of his computer. He was going to pay for breaking the cardinal rule "No eating outside of the dining room."

Word count 300
© Copyright 2008 Hyperiongate (hyperiongate at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1433847-Secret-Appetite