*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1434566-Frozen
Rated: 18+ · Other · Emotional · #1434566
Something from a cold day
I am sitting here trying to be happy, trying to love you, trying not to cry. I am sitting here trying to hide what I see in you (pain, want, loneliness). I know the pain will be constant for a while because of the loss. I know you want for her so much. You moan in you sleep, you cry her name, you reach for her not me.

I understand it all. Your heart lies beside her not me. No matter how hard I try your love is there. No matter how I cry out to you. Your heart lies cold and still, unbeating and silent. Just simple cold and frozen to all but her.

I weep for you more than I do for her because I know you are lost with out her. Your soul lies beside her in the cold dark earth. You yearn to follow her but I try so hard to keep you here because I am lost without you. I am warm but your heart feels like ice.

I sit here tears rolling down my cheeks knowing I can't stop your pain. Though I can ease your torture by simply loving you. Feel my arms and hear my heart know that I am here always to ease what is frozen.
© Copyright 2008 Joanna Cook (johanna33 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1434566-Frozen