*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1434892-Strong-Hands
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Other · Parenting · #1434892
A short reflection on emotions evoked from a picture of my husband and our son.
When I look at the picture of my son and husband I feel love.  I see the patience of my husband helping my son get dressed. It makes me proud to know that my son is part of my husband.  That day by day my husband is passing down and relating all of the good qualities about himself that I respect and admire.  I see the natural  unbridled affection in which my husband leads my son.  The nurturing touch and knowledgeable hands.  The look of wonder in my one year old's eyes as they go through the simple motions of an everyday event.  Knowing that the simple exercise of getting dressed will one day become natural and taken for granted.  Joy in knowing my husband can guide my son through these life lessons and saddened, relieved and comforted that one day those strong hands won't be needed in that way.  That one day our son will grab the reins and take his life on the path it's destined to go.
© Copyright 2008 Mallary Michaels (anabelle58 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1434892-Strong-Hands