*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1436147-Silver-Rose-preface-and-Chapter-1
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Teen · #1436147
Rose is a Silverwing—a human with retractable wings,and other powers.much action.
Preface

11:05 pm              23 of August, 1993
  -DW WINGED CAMP FOR SW’S-
         I AM SCARED. MY DAUGHTER IS BING TAKEN TO THE BLACK DEATH LAB (NAMED ACCORDING TO ME.) MIKE HAS BEEN WATCHING US WITH A SNARL. HIS BEAUTIFUL, PALE FACE, STONE HARD. I DON’T UNDERSTAND ANY THING. TEARS. FALLING FROM MY FACE. ZOE HAS TO LIVE IF I DO NOT. THOUGHT IF SHE DIDN’T, I WOULD KILL MYSELF ANYWAY.
                                                                                         SINCERELY,
                                                                               JULIE-ANN CARTHERN





11:09 pm                23 of August, 1993
- Westons Hospital –
I should not be here. I am way in over my head! Just because Rose won’t fall asleep doesn’t mean we need to take her to the hospital. I am afraid they will find her “differences.” The baby-sitter is the one Oliver and I should blame. A 13-year-old baby-sitter for a 2-year-old mutant, left alone, was not a good idea. Especially in times like these, but Oliver and I had to do our duty for our friends! They could have died. I might have broken a wing too, but nothing serious. It will all go well some day.
                                                                     Love,
                                                           Catherine Stone




8:03 am                                    26 of August, 1993
-Our small home, with now, many people-
         I am very scared. First I am only 13 years old and I already have to take care of a 2 year old kid, and now, some violent, overly protective, Silverwings burst through our doors with a mess up lady and her 2 1/2 year old daughter. The Silverwings said they came from rescuing them from DW Winged Camp for SW’s; the worst camp there is. So, they asked if they could live with us and I said yes because I would love some extra help. This other mom is only 19, but knows more than me, so I figured, what’s the worst that could happen? But both kids won’t stop crying. I’m going to scream!!!!!
                                                                               Tiered,
                                                                               Loretta J.









(on a sperate page)

1999

If there were never clouds, there wouldn’t be such a thing as heaven.
-Maggie Panetta












(on a seperate page)

2003

The tangled mess we call our mind, can only be altered if we try.
                                                                     -Maggie Panetta










(on a seperate page)

October 21, 2006

         My birthday seamed dreary this year. I’m only turning 15. 15 was bad for me. I was alone. There were only a few people I could call my friends nowadays. I was another year closer to dieing. Dieing was my fear…for now. Until I could think of a different fear for my “15th year,” this was it. I didn’t want to die without living. I had so many questions that I waited reluctantly for the answer to be blurted out. Who lived on the dead house on the corner? Where did the old man that jogged past me in the morning come from? Why did the old “Babushka” looking woman have an enormous dog that she walked no matter the weather? And why was I so attached to death? I still sit and read on a tree that toke four lives from our world. It is lovely, yet hammered. Apparently, death comes and goes as it pleases, leaving any marks of its choice…I guess. Rose. Such a short name for a person wanting too much more.
That was especially not a good name for me.






(on a seperate page)

Present day


(new section)

Chapter 1: Mourn

         Every night for the last week I’ve been having the same dream. Yeah, some people do, but me, it was weird, and it happened again tonight…
         I was just sitting in my room in the dark. Only thinking about...everything. I can't be locked in here forever! I told myself. At least I thought it was myself thinking, but it almost made me feel like there was a reason that I was thinking like that; it was a very new concept to me. Just go! Be bad!
Well it does look nice outside.
        I opened the screen on my window and in a flash I was...on the ground? Flash.
Whoa! How'd I get way over here?
        I was right inbetween the Soldiers Memorial and the track that was across the street from the park. The park four blocks away from my house, and near the pool and golf course.Yes, I do live in a very entertaining area, but anyway. I was sitting? Weird dream.
I saw someone—something moving in the dark.
I turned as fast as lightning, and BAM!
I woke up wishing I could have stayed asleep just one minute longer to see what would happen next.
  Same dream, same exact timing, every time.
         1:12,”ugghh!” I mumbled. I’d tried to go to sleep later and stay asleep longer for the last 3-4 days. And let me tell ya it was not working. I’d doze off at exactly 11:02 no matter what, fall into a sort of trance and suddenly be asleep. I didn’t get why it was happening, but I did not like it. Tonight I decided I would try and see if this was a, definatly grotesque, message from reality.

         I through on some clothes and grabbed a sweatshirt. As I opened the window I could feel the brisk wind of a summer night in my face, and see the dark triangle of land outside my window with only the bushes moving in the wind. Sitting on top of a roof that slides from an 80 degree angle is not very comfortable. It had just rained earlier today so it was kind of slippery, so of course you can guess what happened to me!
         I was falling from the second level of my house, and believe me it’s big. For sure I thought there where 3 scenarios…
(1) my parents would see me out the window.
(2) I’d scream when I hit bottom and then my parents would wake up.
(3) I’d fall unconscious on the ground.
And just to confuse me more, none of those happened! I couldn’t believe it. I had landed 2 feet safely on the ground, and without even thinking about what had just happened, I ran. I ran down the sidewalk, around the bend, past “the climbing tree”, around by the tennis courts, baseball field, and pool, and finally I passed the park across the street and was sitting in between the Soldiers Memorial and the track.
                                  Right where I was in my dreams.



[ Yes, this chapter is suposse to be confusing! only to make you want to read more! okay thanks for reading, tune in and look for Chapter two of Silver Rose! (don't worry the chapters gradully get longer)]






















© Copyright 2008 mig_silver (silver_mig at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1436147-Silver-Rose-preface-and-Chapter-1