*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1436161-Silver-Rose-Chapter-4
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Action/Adventure · #1436161
When questions come her way, Rose finally realilizes her past and soon future.
Chapter 4: Storm

         She was swaying in the spot now. I ran over to her. What was going on! I had so many questions running through my mind. I’ll show you. (I love making lists!)
1) What was happening to Zoe?
2) Why wasn’t she allowed to talk?
3) Who was Loretta?
4) What’s up with this whole eye-changing-color thing?
5) Why am I “not going home”?
6) Where will they take me?
7) How do they know my parents?
8) Why didn’t my parents tell me anything?
9) Could they?
10) Am I really a Silverwing?
11) Was my brother?
12) How do I “truly believe”?
13) Why did Skyler have a temper on Zoe?
14) Why did I land on two feet after falling of my roof?
15) What’s a redwing?
16) What are Dreamessages?
17) And finally, where those two long lumps on my back really the start of wings?
Now I was getting really scared. Zoe’s eyes where rolling back in their sockets and she was turning as white as a sheet. The ground was shaking. Skyler shoke his head and his eyes where back to their normal green.
        The ground was splitting like it was an earthquake. Was it an earthquake? Wait we’re in Minnesota. What the hell is happening! My mind was racing so fast, my eyes started to blur and all I could see was the worst memories of my life fast-forwarding like I was in a dream.
         I saw 2003, when my mother told me my brother had autism. I saw the dieing face of my grandmother as she left earth in 1999. My friends moving away. My parents fighting nonstop. I saw my 4th grade year when my life was trashed with humiliation. 5th, when my friends fought over and over again while we watched the boys turn into their complete opposites fraying our heats knowing they’d never be the same. Those hours spent in my room all through middle school thinking of what life could have been. And now, when all I do is act like I’m not anywhere and try to be forgotten, but this was high school.
         Stop.
         The screen covering my eyes went black and voices started talking to me…voices I knew.  “I love you.”…Crying…”You’re such a jerk!”…”Ya know, life was better when we were younger and had no say in anything.”…”It’s not that hard.”… “We’ll be the 3 musketeers forever.” ”BFF’s” “Always.” The voices started going from good to bad. “She’s turned into the worst person.” “Yeah.”…”I can’t believe you!”…Crying…”I think I like him. You know, inside I want to say yes, but on the outside I could never date someone like him.” “I totally get it!”…”Just kiss her dude!”
          I had remembered almost all of those, even the ones I had said myself, but some I hadn’t ever heard before, or at least that person saying it before. Like when the two guys were talking about me, I had never heard them say that about me, yet I could feel that I was in the same room when it was said. After a short pause the faint noise of another person was talking… the last dieing words my grandmother said. The ones I’ll never forget.
         “Never forget to believe in what’s seen and unseen, in or beyond our world. What’s right in front of us is the heart of those. What we do not know from ourselves, but what’s inside. And the belief of the unknown that only exists with us. Sliver…” That, I remember, was when she died. Not finishing her words that seem as if she read off paper and was going to tell us the writer. Silver. It was all starting to make sense now.
         I was slowly starting to realize my surroundings. “Rooossseee!!!” a crack was forming between my feet. Skyler was up in the sky carrying Zoe. “Believe!” he screamed. I fell to my knees. The intense pain in my back was unbearable. I screamed in pain. A circle of wind was blowing around me lifting me off the ground, but I was strangely still in the same position.
        A giant flash of light and I quickly, unknowingly, burst out 13 feet wide, giant, light-gray wings. I was flying; I could feel the wind blowing through my hair as I fallowed Skyler without even thinking. All that was going through my head right now was.
                                    I. Am. A Silverwing.



[ just wait, things are going to flare!]  [ i hope you injoy Silver Rose so far, i know it is extreme fun for me to write and is even based off of true things in my life. Hint: review the chapter to learn about me because it's almost ALL happened or is in my life.]
© Copyright 2008 mig_silver (silver_mig at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1436161-Silver-Rose-Chapter-4