*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1436156-Silver-Rose-Chapter-3
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Action/Adventure · #1436156
let's just say...Rose finds a "few" things out.
Chapter 3:  Surprises

Skyler and Zoe started to whisper to each other. I made out, lets say, a “few” words.
         “Why’d you say that! God, You know your not suppose to say anything!” He looked really mad.
         “What the hell’s wrong with you!  I just said she’s not going home…well it’s true!”
         “You. Can’t. Say. Anything!”          
         “That's bull! Just because Loretta said that doesn’t mean I have to listen!” their voices raised.
         “Uh…hello, still here.” They didn’t really listen, but hey, I caught their attention for some amount of time.
         All of a sudden Zoe’s eyes got real red. And Skyler’s had little flames in his eyeballs. Ewww. Then he quickly turned away. Towards me, and know his eyes where pitch black in a way that certainly would have scared me away if i wasn't to afraid to move. Although,we all were now standing from the excitement.
         “You’re not going home.” He said calmly.
         “So I’ve heard.” Of course, I was very tough.
         “Okay, lets just get this over with. We need to show you something. Now do not freak out.” The questionable look in his dark eyes was hypnotizing. I could have looked at his expression all day and would still only be looking into his deep eyes.
        He jerked his head at Zoe. She turned around and wings untucked—crawled out of Zoe’s back. Yep, wings. Big, black, feathery, wings.
         Then Skyler did the same thing only his wings were white with a hint of blue. “Wow.” All I could say-—right? “Don’t. Panic.” Said Skyler.
         “What’s with the…wings?” wings, wings, wings…
         “We are Silverwings.”
         “You mean your…wings, are silver wings?”
         “No, we are Silverwings—one word,” he paused for a really long time then said, “You are too.”

         Uh no, I don’t have wings, if ya hadn’t noticed!
“What so you mean ‘I am too’?”
         “You have wings too. You just can’t see them yet.”
Once I thought about it for a while, I realized that my back had been hurting ever since I started having those weird dreams.
         “Take off your shirt.” And this was Skyler talking!
         “Excuse me!” I couldn’t believe he just said that!
         “Just do it.” I looked at Zoe, and she nodded her head in agreement with him.

         “I can’t believe I’m doing this.” I mumbled to myself as I turned around and started taking off my shirt. I think I saw Zoe trying to cover Skyler’s eyes with her hands. It wasn’t working; apparently he needed to see something. Luckily, when I left the house I through on a sports bra, so it wasn’t as embarrassing.
      “Happy?” I’m not.  Skyler’s eyes turned dark purple as I turned around and he looked at me with wide eyes, but kept a straight face. Which helped. I mean I knew I was really thin and had strong abs, but still! “Quit it! Zoe snapped kind of slapping his shoulder. That’s when Skyler frowned and, sadly, went back to before. “Uh, um…turn around.” He then grabbed a camera. Urgh! This night was not starting well!
         He snapped a picture of my back. It slowly came out of the camera and on my back I had two long, red lumps, stretching from the middle of each shoulder blade to the middle of my back. They looked like I had two new spins, or my spinal cord broke in half! To tell you the truth, it wasn’t very pleasant, but freaky.
          “You won’t actually have your wings until you believe this is happening, and that there is such a thing as the Silverwings, like truly believe.”
          I tried pinching myself to wake me up, but apparently I wasn’t asleep. “Yeah, yeah, but lets get back to the ‘I’m not going home’ dealio.”
         “You can’t go home because you’re with us now, and don’t worry about your parents they already knew you were a Silverwing because they are too, but they are Redwings, which will tell
you about later, but we sent them a few Dreamessages; so they know you found out, and we’ve known them for a long time, so they know it would happen eventually, you know, us taking you.” Zoe. I didn’t think she was allowed to talk, and for that matter, that fast!
         “What? Think there was a bit to much info in that little speech, don’t you?” I thought Skyler’s head was going to explode, or, more likely, impale. His eyes were so furious red; I couldn’t look, like literally, they gave off a bright glow like the sun…a really bright glow. Zoe, whole ‘nother story. Her eyes where, as my friends say, puke-without-chunks green, actually, her whole face looked like she was actually going to puke. “Wow, I think you went just a bit overboard?” I said, looking back and forth between the two of them.

[ here's a hint: some of these charecters personalities are based off of real people i know! remember that throughout the book and see if you can guess some main ones like who i'm most like, my BFF, my crush/lover, my mom, and other easy things like that! keep readin' ! ]


© Copyright 2008 mig_silver (silver_mig at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1436156-Silver-Rose-Chapter-3