*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1436230-Love
Rated: E · Monologue · Family · #1436230
thoughts while visiting my family
As I sit down in the grass between my mother and my sister, I wonder just how to say all the things I want to say to them.

It has been years since I've taken the time to visit either of them.
I love them both dearly.

Isn't it funny how a simple little four letter word can mean so many different things to different people?
To me, love says everything, is everything.  If you love and are loved back, you feel like you can be or do anything.

The love of children is unconditional.  They love without passing judgement and only want to be loved in return.

"Puppy love" is pure and complete. This is the feeling you want to have for the rest of your life.

Teenage love usually doesn't last long, but, for that short time, it is glorious.

When a couple falls in love, marries and starts a family, that love should be solid enough to build the rest of their lives on.

Love between brothers and sister should be forgiving and last forever, just like the love between parents and children.

So many emotions are triggered by love. Both good and bad.
Love, given or withheld, makes us what we are.
Each of us desires love in one form or another. What we do or don't do with it is our choice.

I live alone but there is, and has been, love in my life. I am a much better person for it. That love keeps me smiling and does not let the bitterness in.

As I get up to leave, I smile and remember all the special times that I, my mother and my sister  had.

I lovingly run my hand over their names on the head stones and tell them how very much I love them both.

© Copyright 2008 southpaw380 (fetchsilentl at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1436230-Love