*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1436339-Its-Hard-to-Believe-ButChapter-1
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Relationship · #1436339
Girl just getting out of middle school discovers her families secret...they're witches!
Chapter 1

Pushing through the door, sweat dripping from his surfer-boy hair and built body, he looked like he was the only one who mattered in the world. Not like that was entirely wrong, he was the hottest, most popular guy at Bayview Central Middle School. Basketball under his arm from the afternoon game of b-ball during Study Period (which, newsflash, no one is going to study today there's two days before summer vacation), grabbed a towel from the towel boy, patted the sweat from his face, and threw it back to the towel boy; as did the rest of the team. He turned down the hall that my best friend, Lizz, and I were sitting in and even though I had been at Bayview Central a few months already, I was still crushing on Evan (sexy basketball man). Maybe this would finally be the day when my dreams would come true and Evan would ask me out.

Yeah, right. Dream big.

"Hey, Rachyll!" Evan yelled down the hall in my direction.

Rachyll?!?! That is definitely not my name, but Evan can call me anything he wants. Just then, some really beautiful girl walked passed and jumped into Evan's arms and vigorously made out with him.

"Oh man!" I let out under my breath in a sigh, not expected anyone to hear.

"I know what you mean," Lizz said, startling me.

"So...who is she?" I asked, gesturing toward the girl that Evan was now walking away with, hand in hand.

"Rachyll McKael. She has been Evan's girlfriend since the sixth grade; she is also the mayor's daughter." Lizz explained.

"Wow! Tough competion."

"Yeah, but everyone has given up on him 'cause it definitely doesn't look like they're breaking up anytime soon," at this statement the warning bell rang and we got up to start heading to class. "So, isn't your birthday in two days? 13 right?"

"Yep and I guess my mom is going to throw me a party. You can come if you want since you're basically my only friend in the entire state of New York."

"Ok, sounds fun. I will definitely be there." Lizz promised as she walked into her classroom leaving me in the empying hallway.



Well, I guess now would as good a time as any to tell you who I am...I am Adelaide Harper but eveyone calls me Addie. Lately I have been feeling weird because of all the weird things that I can't really explain.
© Copyright 2008 aspiring_author08 (shopper082 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1436339-Its-Hard-to-Believe-ButChapter-1