*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1436474-Lloyds-Sad-Day
Rated: · Fiction · Comedy · #1436474
A short story about a little boy and his pencil.
One fine day, Randy had a vocabulary test. He decided to pick me, his favorite pencil, Lloyd, to use on this vocabulary test. I was blunt, so he went to sharpen me. There's nothing better than a fresh sharpening in the morning. He cleaned my behind so that it was the beautiful terra cotta it was when I was new.

The teacher handed out the test, and I must say, Sandy, the teacher's pencil, was looking very good today. Unfortunately, we don't get to see each other very often. Although, I know she thinks about me as much as I think about her.

The first question on the test was very difficult and long. Billy's answer took forever. After a while, your head starts to hurt, what with it being rubbed on paper. He must have been making a lot of mistakes, more than usual. My rear end had never been this sore. I swear it was shrinking.

Later on, he got and sharpened me, this is was more rushed. He didn't care about the comfort of my head when he did it this time. I made me feel like I was being used. After I thought about it, I realized I was. Okay, I admit, our relationship had been on the rocks, but this was out of character for Billy.

After the test, I was the size of Billy's pinkie. I was appalled at the way he'd treated me. As he walked out, he threw me in the trashcan. Then I saw my baby, Sandy, being thrown away. Unfortunately, it was in the trashcan across the room. Then I thought to myself, "Maybe we'll be in the same dumpster."
© Copyright 2008 Tricia Winn (tdwinn32 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1436474-Lloyds-Sad-Day