*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1436487-Untitled
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: · Fiction · Drama · #1436487
This is a story I'm currently working on.
CHAPTER ONE

The air was fresher than it had been in a long time. The wind blew her hair back, tangling every strand. Clouds formed in the distance and she heard soft thunder off the horizon. The clouds were gold with the coming of dusk. She felt light drops of rain on her pale skin. Small pieces of her hair were standing and goose bumps formed on her arms. She felt a chill go up her spine; a storm was coming.

As the rain started to progress, people in the street ran to shelter. Many had newspapers over their heads. Because no thunderstorm warning was issued, not many people had umbrellas. After the streets had emptied, she went outside and let the cool rain drip down her face. Her haur was stuck to her face and her baby blue dress dripped with the moisture from the rain.

After a while, she left the rain, but before she left, something caught her eye. It was a wanted that read,"WANTED: Journalist, work on site, call: 555-9258. She felt a lump in her throat. This hurt.
© Copyright 2008 Tricia Winn (tdwinn32 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1436487-Untitled