*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1436940-Place-of-Mind
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Kapasa
Rated: 18+ · Fiction · Dark · #1436940
The story of a man trapped in a room for a month with nothing but his thoughts for company
Place of Mind

NOTE: This is a work in progress and this page didn't maintain the formatting of MS word. Try to imagine paragraphs (lol)


There is a room. It is roughly 20 feet long by 10 feet wide. In this room is a couch, television, bed, computer, dresser, end tables, a coffee table and one door and sliding hatch. This is the room you will be staying in for the next month. You will earn 5000$ dollars for your stay. Wow, what a sweet deal I thought. But there were a couple things missing in that ad. A couple things that would make me mad.
“Well Mr. Harrison, this is your room. Take a look around before I close the door.” This is a nice room, better than I would have imagined, kinda sterile though. “Yeah it looks nice doctor Chamberlin.” The ‘doctor’ smiles politely.” Its professor Mr. Harrison.” Harrison clears his throat.” Sorry Prof.” The Professor rolls his eyes slightly in annoyance. “Well if you’re ready I’ll close the door now and we can begin, unless you have any questions?” “Umm I do have one. Where is the bathroom?” “There isn’t one, you see that toilet shaped basin? Well it will be your bathroom. Every time you’re finished with it you just put it back in the hatch or receptacle as we like to call it, wait for the door to close and when it opens again you’ll have a new basin.” “Not exactly fancy Prof.” “Yes well its all part of the experiment that you agreed to.” Alright I guess I can tough it out for a month and five grand.” “I’m sure you can. Now if you’ll step inside we can begin.” “Is there a hurry Prof.?” The Professor looks down the hallway as if expectant.” Well Mr. Harrison there are other things I need to attend to.” Damn, these scientist and professors think they’re so fucking important watchin’ water collect on windows and mice run through mazes. “OK Professor I’ll get in.” The door rapidly slides shut. Wow, not even a good-bye?
Test subject Jacob Nathaniel Harrison admitted into test room November 18th 2012. Age 28 white Caucasian male. Identifying marks; Dark brown hair, Grey eyes, light tan, light build, height 5 feet 8 inches, Weight 159 pounds. Subject passed health and psyche tests marginally. Subject appears to be average western male. Subject expected to maintain sanity for no more than 11 days based on prior test subjects. Subject has an IQ of 112.
The room is dry and cool. The walls are painted white over steel. The vents hum gently. Nothing is turned on but the fluorescent ceiling lights- there is no light switch. Jacob walks over to the couch and sits down.” Just one month. One month of TV and internet porn. Haha and I get 5000$.” Jacob picks up the remote off the coffee table and clicks the power button. Nothing happens. “What the hell?” Jacob gets up and presses the power button on the TV- nothing happens. “Let’s see if the geniuses remembered to plug in the TV” Jacob leans over the TV and checks the back. There’s the cord unplugged but there’s no socket to plug it into.”What the fuck is this? This had better be a joke. Hello? Can you guys hear me? You forgot to install plug thingy’s in the walls.” Jacob gets no response. He turns to face a corner in the room where a triangular piece of way mirror covers what must be a camera behind it. “Okay I know you guys can hear me and I know there’s no communication aloud for one month. But it also said in the contract that there was TV a computer, a...” Jacob pauses in thought. In the contract, it never said that I’ll be watching TV or playing on the computer for the duration. It just said that they were in the room. “This is bullshit” Jacob steps over to the computer and pushes the power button- nothing happens. “Fuck me” Jacob turns around and takes a seat on the couch. So they tricked me but you know what? Fuck it cause’ I’m gettin’ that five grand. I’ll read a book or draw or... Jacob looks around the room searching for a book, a magazine or even a piece of paper.”OK so there’s nothing to read, just me and my thoughts for one month oh and three meals a day. I guess I could just beat off the whole time but then again there’s all these damn camera’s and I’m not into voyeurism. Jacob begins biting his nails. These “scientists” want to see if I’ll go nuts o r something. Maybe that’s what I should give them. Nah just play it cool, this is gunna be easy, just sleep a lot. “Alright I know what you people are doing and it’s not gunna happen.” Jacob gets up and flips off the camera.”Like that you sly doctors? Let’s see what’s in this dresser shall we?” Jacob pops open a drawer-it’s empty. “So nothing is as it appears? You just put all this stuff in here to make it look appetising. Okay I can deal with this.” Jacob walks over to the bed. Hopefully there’s a bed underneath these covers. Jacob pulls up the comforter revealing a bed in basic white sheets. “So you guys are human underneath your lab coats.” I’ll just sleep. They can’t take my dreams away.
A buzz comes from across the room. It is the receptacle now open with a tray of food. Jacob rolls over to face the nuisance sound. Shit and food all in the same place...’paradise’. “Alright I’m gettin’ up you guys can turn off that annoying buzzer.” The sound continues. “You people are unbelievable.” Jacob snatches the tray from the inside of the hatch. The noise stops. “Let’s see what my first meal is...Okay we got meat loaf, potatoes and a glass of milk- not very imaginative guys.” Jacob places the tray on the coffee table and sits down and begins eating. The food isn’t bad but this is gunna get old fast. I just need to keep my objectivity. Five grand- Five thousand dollars. I’ll be able pay off the car, I can party, maybe buy something special like that new system. I can do this. Jacob finishes his meal and is about to pick up the tray and place it in the hatch but pauses while standing. You know what, fuck them. I don’t have to play by their rules. I’ll leave this tray right here. Jacob places the tray on the coffee table. “You guys can just deal with that.”
Hours have passed and Jacob is just lying on the couch pondering and biting his lips. This isn’t so bad. Just a little music and I can get through but I really gotta piss. Jacobs sits up.”Alright Prof.Chamberlin where’s that toilet basin gone?” Jacob looks at the hatch expecting it to slide shut and open again with the toilet basin. However nothing happens. “Ok this is one thing I know to be right. When I need to go the bathroom a...” The buzzer from the hatch sounds off. “What the hell, now this is just cruel and unusual punishment I just need to take a piss.” The piercing noise continues. Jacob stands up.” Alright, I’ve been calm and really nice up to now but if I don’t get a piss bucket right now I’m gunna piss right in your precious hatch. I’m trying to play along, just be reasonable.” Jacob grunts and then looks down at the stale tray of food.”Okay I see.” Jacob places the tray in the receptacle and the hatch slides shut rapidly with a slight hiss- the buzzer ceases. Jacob takes a startled step back. That door could sheer an arm off. The door slides open again with the aforementioned toilet basin. Why do they call it a toilet basin? Isn’t it a chamber pot? Pompous asses always gotta make up technical names for things. Jacob picks up the toilet basin and places it on the floor and scratches his head. I have no idea how to use this thing. Jacob starts peeing but the urine quickly splashes out of the pot and onto the walls and Jacobs legs. “Fuck!” Jacob stops urinating. These guys want me to fall apart. Jacob picks the basin up off the ground and places it on the coffee table. I’ll just squat a little and hold it tight so it doesn’t come out so fast.”Ahhh” Jacob breathes a sigh of relief. Times like these I’m glad I’m not a chick gettin’ piss all over my ass. Jacob looks up at a camera.” I hope you guys take a picture” Jacob laughs out loud. “Oh DOCTOR Chamberlin I had no idea you felt that way about me. You wanna put your moustache where?” Jacobs laughs even louder. “Ok I’m done.” Jacob takes the toilet basin and begins placing it in the receptacle when the door slams shut overturning the basin and spilling the fresh urine all over his pants. Jacob looks down still clutching the pot. He’s still for a moment but then bursts out.”Fucking cocksuckers!!!” Jacob whips the emptied basin at the computer monitor which is solid glass. The monitor makes a loud ding sending the basin right back at Jacob hitting him in the knee. Jacob begins hopping up and down spitting curse words wildly. Finally he sits down rubbing his knee.”You guys are such assholes, you know that, do you know that?!?” Jacob pulls up his pant leg. His knee is swollen but there’s no blood. Jacob touches it delicately and winces in pain. Alright this is getting ridiculous, the room smells like piss, my knee kills and I have no way to wash myself. Wait...could I be that stupid. I never asked about a shower. I’m gunna smell like piss for a month.
Subject Jacob Nathaniel Harrison – 8 hours into test
Hours pass and after singing to himself, Jacob drifts off for a nap. Jacob wakes up after only forty minutes of sleep. Jacob sits up slowly with a moan of pain from his injured knee. Jacob scratches his thighs which are now almost dry. I’m so itchy. Jacob pulls down his pants and finds he has broken out in a rash around his thighs. Jacob rubs his tender legs and lets out a small whimper.” You guys are going too far with this. I need to wash myself. You can’t do this to people.” Jacob gets no response. “Fine, I’ll deal with this myself.” Jacob takes off his damp pants and tosses them over the computer chair. I’m so pissed off, I need to do something. It couldn’t have been more than 12 hours and I’m really getting frustrated. I need to do something- anything. Jacob gets up still clad in smiley faced boxers and picks up the computer mouse. Well this thing is no use to me. Jacob leans over the desk and unplugs the mouse and begins spinning it in the air by the cord. Now this actually feels good .Jacob bellows out.”Ahhhh-yah!” and smashes the mouse into bits on the desktop. “Fuckin’ right!” That felt amazing. What else can I break?
Subject Jacob Nathaniel Harrison- 10 hours into test
The room has been virtually demolished, only large items remain relatively intact. Jacob has flipped the coffee table over and removed a leg by ramming it with the computer tower. Jacob sits on the couch clasping the leg like a club and breathing deeply. “You know this “TV” looks really expensive. It must be one of those LCD flat screens, maybe 40-42 inches?” Jacob wipes the sweat from his brow.” It would be a real shame if something were to happen to this TV. But I’m sure you fuckin’ brown noses have insurance. What kind of insurance would that be?” Jacobs talking directly to a camera, ”Is it bat-shit fucking crazy experiment insurance? I hope so cause’ I don’t think Geico is gunna cover this.” Jacob turns away from the camera, table leg still gripped in hand.”I’m going to enjoy this.” Jacob smashes the top of the TV, at first the TV seems resilient but Jacob becomes furious and begins smacking harder. The plastic splits open. Jacob peers inside.”I’m sure you could still sell this on eBay.” Jacob steps back and then crashes the club against the TV cracking the screen. Jacob laughs out loud.”Oh maybe not.” Jacob continues violently beating the screen and panting heavily. White dust starts puffing out after each blow. “Huh, so that’s what’s inside these TV’s. Somehow I thought it would be more “sciencie”.”
Subject Jacob Nathaniel Harrison- 10 hours 48 minutes into test
After trying unsuccessfully for 22 minutes to break through the steel wall with his club Jacob has decided to retire.”What an eventful day Mr. Breaky. But I’m tired right now we need to go to sleep. We can play with Professor Chamberlin’s toys tomorrow.” Jacob rests his new” room-mate” on the pillow beside him before falling asleep. Jacob is only asleep about an hour when the buzzer goes off. Jacob quickly gets out of bed and discovers his dinner in the receptacle. “Look what I get for dinner Mr. Breaky.” Jacob takes the tray of steak, peas and potatoes and a glass of cola and places it on his lap.”This all looks good.” Jacob takes a slice of steak and begins chewing it whilst looking at the club lying on his bed. “I’m going insane.” I gotta get a grip. It’s probably only 20 hours into this thing and I’m already making friends with the furniture. Jacob finishes his dinner and returns the tray to the receptacle. And seconds later as always a toilet basin appears- Jacob idly stares at the device.”I guess I could take a shit.” Jacob takes the basin and places it on an end table, pulls down his boxers and gently sits down on the chamber pot. “Ahh that’s cold.” After a minute Jacob is finished but then realizes he has to tissue paper.”Dammit I forgot to grab the toilet paper.” Jacob shuffles over to the receptacle with his boxers around his ankles- no longer caring if anyone see’s his nakedness. Jacob smiles as he sees the toilet paper nestled in the back corner of the receptacle. But just before he can reach out to grab it the door slides shut. Jacob just shrugs.”Oh well I’ll just wipe my ass with a pillow cover.” Jacob nonchalantly walks over to his bed, peels off a pillow cover and wipes his butt. “Much better, now I’ll just toss this in the basin.” The receptacle door slides open- no toilet paper.”Okay I’ll just take this and put it in the hatch thingy.” Jacob picks up the basin and approaches the receptacle and again just as he is about to put the toilet basin in the receptacle the door slides shut. They want me to freak out and whip this thing at something. Well I won’t be their monkey anymore. Jacob carefully and calmly places the basin on the dresser and takes a seat on the couch.
The lights shut off. “Hmm” They’re really trying to push me to the limit. Give me a steak dinner then make it so there’s a basin of shit in the room and then turn off the lights. I’m not tired. I’m stressed and the best cure for stress is an orgasm. And I don’t give a fuck anymore if they can see me. I’ve already been demoralized as it is. Jacob begins masturbating and just as he is about to reach climax the lights flash on. Jacob doesn’t stop for a second and begins laughing hysterically.”Fuck you all, fuck you, fuck you, fuck you! HAHAHA”
Subject Jacob Nathaniel Harrison- 2 days 3 hours 16 minutes into test
Jacob is going through stages where he stares at the walls for several minutes then goes into a fit of rage. Jacob has managed to get the toilet basin into the receptacle but has become paranoid of using it so instead he has been defecating and urinating in the dresser drawers. Jacob is lying on the floor with his eyes shut humming a melody to himself. He stops’ singing then quickly sits up and looks at the battered computer tower slung in the corner of the room.”I don’t know what’s inside a computer.” Jacob gets up, grabs his club and begins pounding the side of the computer and after about 10 minutes a hole is formed which is large enough for his hand to fit in. Jacob wedges the club into the opening and manages to pry up some of the metal casing. “I’m gunna get in you...” Jacob chuckles. Jacob wraps his hands around the torn metal shard and presses his feet against the case pushing away. The metal piece begins to slowly peel away from the case but Jacob shifts his footing and the tower slides away from him. “Oh you sneaky computer you.” Jacob lets out a breath and notices he feels something wet on his crotch. He looks down and notices that there are blood spots all over his boxers.”Oh my god, my dick!” Jacob goes to pull open his boxers when he notices the gash along the palm of his right hand. Oh wow, that is a deep cut. Look at all that blood.
© Copyright 2008 Kapasa (kapasa at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1436940-Place-of-Mind