*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1439180-Iris-Chapter-V
Rated: E · Chapter · Dark · #1439180
Chapter 5 of Iris. Inspired by KH and the song by Goo Goo Dolls. Please leave feedback.
The incident had a huge impact on the both of them, as they realised the other’s power and what they were capable of. They continued through the hallway, however, as though nothing had happened. They walked in silence avoiding the others gaze along the endless corridor, now white from the lack of dark creatures. Eventually, or what seemed like it, stood a door, taller and much more grand than the previous one.
“Are you ready?” The man asked. The girl didn’t answer, she stormed forward, forcing the door open, which took all her strength and tread into the room.
“STOP!” came a voice she didn’t recognise. She stopped abruptly in her tracks and whipped around. She couldn’t see who it was that was speaking. There were fast footsteps behind her and a hand flew on her back forcing her to the ground to bow. The man did the same.
“State your name,” came the disembodied voice. The man with the silver hair rose beside her.
“Elder,” he said in a voice slightly deeper than Infinity remembered. Elder?
“Is this the captive?” it voiced again. Elder bowed his head.
“Yes master, she’s here for the battle,” he spoke loudly.
“Excellent. State your name,” There was silence around the large, cave like room in which Infinity didn’t answer. Elder shook his head and answered quickly for her.
“Curaga, Infinity,”
“Special ability?” the voice appeared after a pause.
“Master of the Elements,” There was a longer pause after this. Infinity was still lying on the floor, Elder standing tall next to her, perfectly straight to impress his master. Elements? Infinity thought. Certainly explains a lot…
“The battle will commence at dusk. Be ready,” At his masters words, he lifted Infinity off the floor, one handed and pushed her in the direction of the door.
He looked only forward now, and seemed less human.
“Stay where you are,” he said as Infinity began to make her way down the corridor. You won’t want to go far before the fight,” Infinity fell to the floor where she was without arguing and sat, craning her neck so she could look at him.
“I’ll be back when the time comes,” he finished simply, and began to walk the long corridor down.
“I’ll be ready!” Infinity called back strongly. For a moment he seemed to react. He stopped walking and jerked his head a little, like he was trying to reply but couldn’t find his words. Instead he raised his head again, and walked away. The corridor seemed blank without him there. Too open for her to cope. She raised her legs and hugged them, burying her face away so she couldn’t see the surrounding space. It was strange how everything changed once he was not with her. She felt fear surge through her, turning and churning in her stomach despite she hadn’t eaten for two days. She began to shiver, and clutched tighter, fighting the bitter cold. Perhaps it’s just too late for me…
© Copyright 2008 AnsiStar (dybim at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1439180-Iris-Chapter-V