*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1438013-Iris-Chapter-IV
Rated: E · Chapter · Dark · #1438013
Chapter 4 of Iris. Inspired by KH and the song by Goo Goo Dolls. Please leave feedback.
The door opened and it appeared nothing was behind it. The man entered first, oblivious of everything in there. He didn’t see them coming, the creatures of pure darkness, staggering rigidly towards him. Their bodies swirled in smoke, their very existence phenomenal. Even in her darkest of dreams, Infinity hadn’t seen the likes of those beings. Each one emerging, from the darkness they created, and belonged in, swarmed over the man. His sword slashed through the cloud of dark creatures, although now he was barely visible. The girl stood back in terror. This world was strange, this world was frightening. The swarm of creatures continued to grow by the second, making the attacks harder. Infinity didn’t even realise she did it until it happened. Her subconscious taking over, forcing her to protect, and only protect. She stretched out her hands, they shook with the power and ached with her strength. A tornado effect burst from her palms, exploding through the mass of dark creatures, shadows of the earth’s beauty, scars on the face of the man before her. The man flew up into the air and watched the winds below him destroy the beasts, and the darkness around them, leaving only light in their place. He descended slowly as the crowd gradually dispersed. Even beaten and bruised he appeared beautiful. He tightened his blindfold and walked in her direction.
“I’m never afraid,” she whispered to him with a smile.
© Copyright 2008 AnsiStar (dybim at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1438013-Iris-Chapter-IV