*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1439616-Best-Brothers-Chap-4
by Sakura
Rated: E · Other · Fanfiction · #1439616
Sanji had a friend on Baratie. What if they met again?
Chapter 4: Contract

"Is Saku ok? He didn't get up to help for breakfast." Sanji asked the crew of the Merry Go that morning. Suaku wasn't at the table.

Nami said, "Maybe he's just sleepy,"

"Good thinking, Nami-san!" Sanji went heart eyes. Nami sweatdropped.

Saku walked in. He was white as a sheet. "Sanji, please pass the orange juice." He took his seat.

"Uh...Sure," Sanji was a bit surprised Saku hadn't used his usual nickname. His brother drank four glasses rather quickly and then set his head on the table. Saku had fallen asleep!

"Just like Trace!" Luffy laughed.

Sanji shook his brother. "Yo, Saku? You feelin' ok?" No response. Then, Saku almost fell off the table! "Oh no, he's sick."

"Get a doctor!" Chopper yelled. Usopp reminded him that he was the doctor. "Sanji, get him into his hammock." In an hour, Chopper had diagnosed the sickness. He had Qailo Fever. A deadly fever that was contracted from dirty living conditions. Saku was out cold for two days.

"Squirt, I'm glad you're here." Saku coughed. "I hate bein' sick!"

Sanji hid a smile. "I remember, on Baratie, you were sick. Patty put you in bed. After you woke up, you snuck out and cooked with a mask on."

"Yea, that was pretty funny." Saku coughed.

"So...How'd you find the Great Blue?" Sanji was eagar to know.

Saku surpressed a laugh. "Early that morning, I was swimming and it was there!"

"That would happen to you!" Sanji laughed.

"Saku is mine! I own him" A voice yelled from outside the door.

"No, you don't! Saku's my crewmate! You marines were mean to him!" Luffy shouted.

"Then I'll take him by force!" The marine attacked Luffy. Sanji jumped up.

"Saku! Stay here! That's an order!" Sanji rushed to help. An hour past and the crew was still busy with marines.

"Saku! I gave you an order!" Sanji yelled.

"Respectfully disobyed," Saku stood in the doorway of the men cabin. "Seto!! You die now!"

Seto laughed. "I own you. You're under contract, remember?"

"What contract?!" Luffy shouted.

Saku looked sadly at Luffy. "He's right. I signed it so Seto wouldn't kill anyone on Baratie."

"No," Sanji said. "Saku, you idiot!"

Seto unfolded a piece of yellowish paper. On the bottom was Saku's name, faded from age. "See? It's unbreakable."

"I don't care!" Luffy attacked Seto, but Seto dodged it and held Luffy in a headlock.

"I ate the Strength-Strength fruit. It give me the power of 1,000 men!" Seto laughed. Saku kicked, but Seto easily tossed him over his shoulder.

"Saku!" Sanji watched in horror as Saku's head smashed into the marine ship and he sank from view into the ocean. Sanji dove after him.

Sanji was halfway to the bottom and losing air fast. Fighting the urge to return for air, Sanji went down deeper. Saku's gotta be ok! We promised to always be there for each other! Sanji coughed He found Saku and rapidly swam to the surface. Sanji took a breath of air and looked at Saku. Saku wasn't breathing. Sanji got to the ship and the crew gathered around Saku.

Nami did CPR on him. Saku gasped and spit out water. "You ok now?" Nami smiled sweetly at him.

"Yup," Saku sat up. "These marines are going down!"

Sanji stood, "You rest, I fight."

Saku stood up beside Sanji. "NO WAY! I'm fighting too!"

Sanji looked at him, concerned. "If I go down, you'll be my back up, ok?" Saku seemed pleased with that.

"Nami, I love you." Sanji lit a cigarette.

"I told you, those will kill ya." Saku said.

"If this doesn't first!" Sanji ran to attack the marines.

© Copyright 2008 Sakura (storywriter13 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1439616-Best-Brothers-Chap-4