*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1439620-Best-Brothers-chap-5
by Sakura
Rated: ASR · Other · Fanfiction · #1439620
Sanji had a friend on Baratie. What if they met again?
Chapter 5: Suaku's marine life

Seto watched as his men were, one by one, defeated by the crew of the Merry Go. He knew they couldn't beat him. To do that, Saku would have to be beat because Saku was one of men. Damn! Saku's sick! Well, no matter. I'll just finish him off. Seto grinned. "SAKU IS MINE! MONKEY D. LUFFY!" Seto roared. Luffy was too slow to anticipate Seto's punch, but Saku saw it.

"AGHH!" Saku's stomach had taken the deadly blow that surely would've killed Luffy. Even being sick hadn't stopped him from protecting his new captain. Luffy was shocked. Saku spat blood as his ribs cracked with such devastation that the sound was heard by each of his new crewmates. The crew of the Merry go flinched. Usopp whimpered. Nami cried out.

The rubber boy glared at Seto with the same hate he had looked at Arlong with. "HE WAS A FORMER MARINE!"

"I don't care. He betrayed me!" Seto said. Sanji caught Saku as he fell, moaning.

"Squirt..." Saku grabbed at Sanji's jacket in pain.

"Stay there. CHOPPER!" Sanji ran to get the reindeer that was busy fighting marines in his man form. Sanji kicked the marines away so Chopper could help Saku. Luffy was fighting Seto, but they were evenly matched. Then, everyone stopped as they heard Suaku quit breathing.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Saku's dream:

"Squirt! Marines!" Nine year old Saku yelled to Sanji. "Get away!"

"Come with us!" Seto grabbed Saku and sailed away.

A few weeks later...

"Sign this and I won't kill that blond friend of yours." Seto slid a piece of paper across the shiny black desk in his office. Saku got a pen and scribbled his name. Seto smirked. "Ok, drop and give me 50!" Saku did as he was told and later that night, crawled into his hammock in the small closet Seto had called his cabin. It was hot, stuffy, and dirty. The only reason Saku was able to sleep was due to his aching body. For nine long years he endured that pain.

Something was telling him to go toward a light...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Saku! Wake up!" Sanji ran and kicked Seto, sending him flying upward. Nami was holding Saku's head in her lap, crying.

Seto hit the deck, got up, and laughed. "Don't blame me. Saku was the one who got in the way."

Sanji growled and kicked Seto square in the face. Seto couldn't dodge because rage had quickened the chef's reflexes. Sanji attacked until Seto was begging for mercy on his knees. The blond looked at Seto with a cold expression, ready to deliver the final blow.

"Sanji! Stop! That's enough!" Saku sat up. Sanji's cold expression was replaced by the joy of seeing his brother alive again. Saku smiled. He walked up to Seto. "I want you to tear up my contract!"

"If I don't..." Seto asked. Saku pointed to Sanji who got ready to attack. "Ok!" Seto tore it up.

Saku smiled. "Get off this ship now!" Seto and his marines took off. Saku passed out.

© Copyright 2008 Sakura (storywriter13 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1439620-Best-Brothers-chap-5