*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1441635-Dog-Wrassilin
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Experience · #1441635
Wrestling is fake
My mother's dog and I have a relationship of being play friends. Run, tug, jump, wrestling and such are some of the activities we do together. My favorite is wrestling.

Dog wrestling looks much like dog fighting without the growling, biting and a dog replaced by a human. While dog fighting is inhumane, dog wrestling is a great activity between man and his furry friend.

I weight 170 pounds versus the dog's 55 pounds. I know things are greatly in my favor, but I take it easy on him. That is until one fateful match.

We were tumbling throughout the house. We were really getting into it. Mock growls and playful bites were being exchanged. In a moment of slow reactions, the dog pinned me.

I was on my back with his front paws on my shoulders and his back legs on my waist. He had a look of "Ha ha, I won. You are a loser. Wuss!!" This of course irritated me to no end. My intent was to give him a quick lesson in physics and gloating.

It seems I would be the student for the day...

I quickly rolled over, causing him to fall to the ground. I jumped up and came down for the final pin. Victory was mine, and his face showed it.

It happened so slowly.

I was going for the pin.
My hand slowly went for his neck.
Euphoria began to fill my world.
The world faded into a white light.
I heard a faint gong.
The image of a smiling dog began to appear.
I realized I was in an incredible amount of pain.
I finally remembered the glass end table.

As my eyes were bulging from their sockets, the dog began to prance around me. I am not sure how I managed to not break the table. When I finally got the strength to stand, I went to a mirror to survey the damage.

If you are laughing in stitches, don't worry. I was the same way at the time. Well, without the laughing that is.

For you dog lovers out there, he was uninjured and to to this day refuses every title shot I have challenged him to.
© Copyright 2008 Viktor Serecros (snowplow at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1441635-Dog-Wrassilin