*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1441926-the-robo-fair-part1
Rated: 18+ · Outline · Experience · #1441926
im tripping on cough syrup at the fair. probation officer contacts me suprisingly.
Drugs, thats what centered my universe. All i could want was to get high.I couldnt want anything else, except to survive- to keep using drugs. Thats how bad it was.
I'll start with a date last year, some time in late may. I met with my friend ron at the mall. I stept into the cool airconditioned building- overwhelmed with the excessive visual stimuli- and felt enjoyment and wonder. I wondered what it took to build such an interactive place of business, yet the focus to be pleasurable shopping, not cheap products. I swept these overactive thoughts out the backdoor of my mind and continued to my destination- Mcdonalds. I would be meeting ron there. I started down the long airconditioned hallway of business, refusing all the offerings of pizza, candy,furniture, sexy lingerie, preppy styled clothing and asseries, ( the list is inevitably endless.)
Before i knew it the neon red lights forming "mcdonalds" came into view. Threw the glass window I could see ron. Wait, there was someone else sitting there- oh yeah, thats alex. He was rons friend at the time, he would grow to be a great friend of mine after that night.
Pushing through the crowd and annoying venders asking me if i needed a megafoam pillow, I finally made it into the restraunt of high calorie low nutrious foods.Imade my way to the two parrallel red booths filled with teenagers facing eachother, except the small one staring out the large window Which convieneintly was the whole wall of the restraunt, Revealing the whole parking lot of the mall.
"Oh look! James is here!" the big one yelled, inconsideritly loud. That was Ricky, a good friend from school which iv known for a while. Hes funny, and likes to fight people when he's drunk.
" Ricky! whats up my friend?" i said, ready for a long night of "good natured fun".
" Nuthin james, just hungry as HELL!!! thanks to this( indicating the young teen across from him) dickhead whos too cheap to cough up a dollar!"
The young pale teen with a black hat and outfit exploded in emotion
" I gave you a dollar earlier, dumbass!" he yelled with a flushed face.
" Hey! Kyle.. that was unneccessary. My names not dumbass, its ricky, 2 you didnt give me a dollar you cheap lying bastard. dont call me names- i dont call you names-"
" You called me a dickhead ! "
laughter erupted from the young man with long hair named alex.
" wrong i called you a cheap lying bastard-
The eruption of laughter exploded to decible levels definitely not considered " indoor voices" by the public. I looked and saw dirty glares from just about every customer in the restraunt. I felt a minimal amount of embarassment and sat down in a chair i dragged over.
"whats up james?' Ron said,giving me a hand to pound.
" nuthin much man. Whats goin on for tonight? yall goin to the carnival?" i asked
" hell yeah were goin to the carnival tonight!" ron exclaimed, i could definitely feel his excitement. Ive been wanting to go to the carnival all week.
" plus we got something special,-
" what some weed!?" i yelled loud enough for the whole restraunt to hear me.
" Nah james. you smoke too much anyway. we got something new, which im sorry, i cant touch." ron siad trying to build suspence.
" me neither!" ricky said with a look of disapproval.
kyle was just shaking his head.
" alex did it before." ron said
" what is it?" i asked
" Its cough syrup,dxm or dextromethorphan hydrobromide"
Obviously this guy knew the technical details of drugs. I could respect that because im the same way. For every drug im familiar with i know just about everything written down from textbooks ( health class is a biggie) to online sites.
kyle continued his little explanation on how cough syrup works
" its pretty fun, and its not dangerous, well at least doing it once." he said
" You have it?" i asked
" Yup" he responded
" how long does it last?"
" like 6 hours-
"hell no!" ricky screamed. " 6 whole hours?"
I was open to trying it, if its fun the longer the duration of the high means longer duration of the good times. Or the fear
" Can you have bad trip on it?" i asked this kid alex
" Not a full fledged bad trip, maybe a difficult experience, or a light anxiety attack"
he replied.
" I'll do it " i said.
" yo! thats whats up." ron said. " james is down to do anything!"
I've known ron for eight years. when i moved into town he lived down the street. since then we've hit it off. I got so many memories doin young kid stuff and more mischievious young teen stuff.
Alex put the two bottles on the table. I grabbed one. I think a soccer mom was looking at me over her fish fillet and fries. I read the bottle.
" this stuff says dont drink more than four doses in 24 hours" i looked up from the label and saw alex chugging the whole bottle. that same soccer mom had her mouth wide open, food still chewed up in her mouth.
Fuck it i said and chugged the whole bottle. More shocked adults stared at the stupid teenagers, ready to say something. we got up and left, and heard the faint " Oh my god" s as we left. new direction the carnival check out part two.
© Copyright 2008 psychonaut (psychwriter91 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1441926-the-robo-fair-part1