*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1444546-The-Book
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Fantasy · #1444546
Ella finds a world of magic, where she learns her true fate in the world of Ardenia..
Ella slipped into the night with her cloak wrapped tightly around her, the silvery glow of the moon lighting her path as she ran. She couldn't live here anymore, she just couldn't take it anymore. Her parents, her siblings, everything. So, she ran.
Her parents owned a huge amount of land, which was littered with small cottages. She would live there, away from home, away from her family, away from everything. The dirt was hard and packed under her feet as the her long brown hair whipped with the oncoming wind. She turned her head to take one last look at her home; the mansion towered over her, overshadowing her slight form. Her large eyes closed as she turned and ran, seeing the lights flickering in the windows with the shadow of her family's hurried frenzy, not even noticing that she had left.
A streak of lightning ripped through the sky as rain began to crash towards the ground, her cloak gathering streaks of water. She soon reached a dense forest, still on her family's property, but she knew her parents never cared a bit about their property, so she pressed on, searching for a cottage.
There it was, a small thatched cottage with ivy entwined on every surface. It was old, rotten, and uncared for, but beggars can't be choosers. Plus, she didn't mind the view from the window; a huge sparkling lake out back. Yes, Ella would like this very much.
© Copyright 2008 Mirelle Amoureux (valkyrielove at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1444546-The-Book